Holy Crap! .....Finally over the hump!!!

stoney5150
on 4/6/12 6:06 am
RNY on 03/26/12
Finally feeling well enough to check out the board. I was rolling along getting all my protiens and water in plus walking too but after a nice walk on Tuesday night it all went down hill from there. I was chilling and had so much nausea plus the protein shakes were out! I'm not sure what happened but I think it, and the doctor too, think it was mostly a couple day with-drawel from the pain meds. But today I'm a bunch better and feel like I'm back on track. Good thing is I'm totally off all pain meds and it's been 3 years since I can say I haven't taken Alieve, Celebrex, or even narcartic pain relievers on and off. 

My biggest problem right now is I've been on clear liquids and protein shakes for almost 5 weeks. One week to try and hurry and get by BMI correct for surgery then two days of regular food but then the Hospital called with my surgery date so right back on clear liquids until my surgery and I'll be on them until Sunday and then I can start some soft and pureed foods on Monday so there is light at the end of the tunnel.

I'm amazed at how soon people on these boards start eating soft foods! There is a lady on the RNY board that was eating tuna like three days after surgery??? When I compare my doc he seems to be more conservitive than most but I'm going strictly by the book so Thank God when Monday gets here!!! I just hope I handle the soft foods well.

Anyway, I had my first big challenge and made it though so on we go!!
Stoney   

Brian K.
on 4/7/12 12:34 am - MA
RNY on 04/23/12
 Attaboy! You already made the first big change you wanted to make during your trip. Congrats on getting off the meds!
Most Active
Drug test Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 32 views
Recent Topics
Drug test Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 32 views
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 68 views
Eclipse Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 91 views
Easter Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 101 views