Feeling almost normal...

stoney5150
on 4/20/12 7:06 am
RNY on 03/26/12
I woke up this morning feeling really good and have felt good all day. I finally found a good quality protein drink I can tolerate so I've hit my protein mark everyday this last week. No issues with the food I'm eating and I'm ready for my next diet progression this weekend ( deli meat and fish!!!). I felt so good I went to my gym to renew my membership and the office was closed!!! Oh how life can mess with you sometimes! 
Like my subject said I'm almost feeling normal or I guess my new normal. I'm adjusting pretty well to all the RNY requirements plus I'm sleeping well and have gotten back into the swing of things at work and I'm ready to start some serious exercise again. Those posts from last Sunday's weighins with hitting milestones on weight lost and keeping it off and everyone doing so much on the activity front has really inspired me to get back at it. Thank you for those!  

I've pretty much not paid a lot of attention to the scale after day 14 when I added soft\pureed foods back into my diet but I I've stalled for a couple weeks and actually gained 4 lbs but I figure after 5 weeks of liquids my body decided it needed to hold on to the calories ( I lost 20 lbs in the first 10 days after surgery). I also struggled with my protein intake for a few days during this time also and my stamina was pretty low which probably made things worse. Since Tuesday when I got my new protein drink my energy level has increased each day until today where I feel almost normal. My eating is right on track and I'm not really hungry so I'm hoping things will change soon if I stay the coarse. As I started this part of the post I think I was looking for some posts to get me "off the ledge" but I think just typing it out has given me a better perspective on it already and I think if I just trust it like everyone says it will work.
Take care,
Stoney  

Andrew L.
on 4/20/12 7:46 am - Klamath Falls, OR
RNY on 04/11/12
Thanks for the post, glad you are doing good.  What is the protein drink that you are having good luck with?
ACLakey's Bariatric Blog

Highest Weight 06/2011 = 370
Weight at Surgery 04/11/2012 = 328.8
Goal Weight = 230

stoney5150
on 4/20/12 12:10 pm
RNY on 03/26/12

I was really sick to my stomach for a few days about a week after surgery and I lost my taste for the creamy type protein shakes so I got Unjury plain flavor and mix with diet kool aid type drinks. They are much lighter tasting and not so thick and I can drink them faster which helps. It has 20 grams of protein per serving and 80 calories.

I saw your post on the main board and it sounds like you're doing pretty good too. That's good to hear.  Did you get staples?

dan434
on 4/21/12 6:57 am - NJ
RNY on 05/22/12
thanks for this post getting my rny on 5-22 and gathering all the ideas i can for protien drinks now and after!  glad your feeling good now
Andrew L.
on 4/22/12 2:03 am - Klamath Falls, OR
RNY on 04/11/12
On April 20, 2012 at 7:10 PM Pacific Time, stoney5150 wrote:

I was really sick to my stomach for a few days about a week after surgery and I lost my taste for the creamy type protein shakes so I got Unjury plain flavor and mix with diet kool aid type drinks. They are much lighter tasting and not so thick and I can drink them faster which helps. It has 20 grams of protein per serving and 80 calories.

I saw your post on the main board and it sounds like you're doing pretty good too. That's good to hear.  Did you get staples?

No staples here.  I have some internal sutures and the outer sutures are the chemical(super glue) type.  

I went out yesterday and shot squirrels with my Dad and over did it...came home and had to take a nap.  I just need to learn not to push things.
ACLakey's Bariatric Blog

Highest Weight 06/2011 = 370
Weight at Surgery 04/11/2012 = 328.8
Goal Weight = 230

Tim T.
on 4/20/12 8:21 am - Eastham, MA
Sounds like you are right on track, Stoney. Don't freak out about stalls, happens to everyone- just stick to the plan, and you will achieve your goals. I did.

Tim T.

Don 1962
on 4/20/12 4:58 pm
You're doin' alright.

Never, and I mean NEVER, trust a fart!! 

Brian K.
on 4/21/12 9:24 am - MA
RNY on 04/23/12
 Attaboy Stoney! Thanks for sharing and keep up the good work!
lesserman
on 4/27/12 9:47 pm - Chicago, IL
What's that like?

I don't think I've ever been normal my entire life.....

Weight at Heaviest: 320 lbs. 
Weight at Surgery:
283.6 lbs.

Everyone is entitled to my opinion...

Most Active
Drug test Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 33 views
Recent Topics
Drug test Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 33 views
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 69 views