Is it stuck or the pouch just doesn't like it?????

stoney5150
on 5/17/12 11:01 pm
RNY on 03/26/12
I had my first bout with the foamies and puking slime up last night. In fact I could have starred in Ghost Busters there was so much slime!! After I was done puking and saw actually how little food I threw up and it was well chewed I wondered what the deal was. I kind of thought most of this was triggered by food getting stuck but the food was moist and well chewed so I thought I'd ask you guys if you do this more with stuck foods or foods that just don't aggree with your pouch? I haven't been close to getting sick after eating something but I do usually on the first couple bites need to burp a couple times then everything goes down good.

Anyway, just wondering when you guys have problems is it more stuck or just foods don't aggree with your pouch.
Thanks,
Stoney

Don 1962
on 5/17/12 11:13 pm
I only had the foamies twice.  Both times on too dry of baked chicken.  Early out I got the "somebody beating on the back of my breastbone" sensation.  Took that as a hint that something was not right.  Stuck food, full, pouch was pissed etc.

Never, and I mean NEVER, trust a fart!! 

cabin111
on 5/18/12 2:55 am
It could be a stricture...You may want to ask on the RNY Board.  It happens to about 6% of RNY patients...Very treatable.  Check with your surgeon if it continutes to be a problem...I'll post more info later.  Brian
Davo
on 5/18/12 4:45 pm - WI
RNY on 03/12/12 with
 I have had this a few times and it is either issue but usually its because I ate too fast or took to big of bite.  I puke and sometimes a lot and then I am fine.  I may eat the same thing a few days later and am fine with it as long as i slow down or take smaller bites.  I get it about 1 a week and once I puke I drink extra and can resume eating solids when its time to eat again.  Not having burping issues but do get the foamies which is 95% of what I puke. I have also puked from stuff that dissagrees with me.  It is usually short lived. 90% of my meals are fine it is that one moment where I dont pay attention on one or two bites.
Most Active
Drug test Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 33 views
Recent Topics
Drug test Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 33 views
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 69 views
Eclipse Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 93 views
Easter Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 103 views