173.0:  1 st Surgiversary
171.5:  2 nd Surgiversary
175.5:  3 rd Surgiversary
170.2:  4 th Surgiversary

173.2:  5 th Surgiversary
178.0:  6 th Surgiversary
176.0:  Last week

176.2:  This week

Happy Mother's Day to our "Mom"s and "Ma"s for all the crap we've put them through over the years!  Older brother is grilling pork chops and back strap (deer) for lunch.  Being the smart ass cheapskate that I am when seeing DW got her Mom's Day card from son and DIL and it was the SAME card we got for my mother suggested taking one back and just reusing hers.  Idea got nixed real quick.

Work week was amongst the worst I've had in long time even though I had Monday off for a DW aunt's funeral and only worked half a day Tuesday because of going to the periodontist.  In short student from middle school, after getting suspended for leaving a Columbine type threat in one of the boy's rooms, went home and committed suicide Tuesday afternoon.  The school district has one school resource officer and he was very short handed so his school being in our little berg we naturally pitched in to help.  Seeing the extra officers on campus kids got on cell phones telling parents we are there, a known PITA parent put it on FB about a bomb threat and the rush was on to get the kids out.  Nothing to the bomb threat whatsoever but parents panicked and came after their kids Thursday.  There had also been a threat by one of the friends of the boy to take up where the boy had left off.  That was dealt with appropriately but needless to say week was a fuster cluck!  Throw in our Chief being in court on a felony drug case, Sgt. thinking he has to be at the school, getting wrapped up in doing follow up on another officer's Prohibited Sexual Contact and an assault of my own and Friday was really a *****  If I was still a drinking man I'd woke up with one hell of a hang over Saturday.  I know this had nothing to do with weight loss but I'm venting. 

It did cut into the walking time but I compensated with yard work yesterday and will try to get on the contraption after lunch if I don't just pay bills and veg out rest of the day.

Have a Great Weeks gents!

Never, and I mean NEVER, trust a fart!! 

Qajohn
on 5/11/14 1:09 am - Woodbury, MN
RNY on 01/16/14

@DON 1962 - Sorry to hear about the crappy week. That's a terrible story.

337.6:  High weight Dec '13

311.3:  Surgery day 1/16/14

240.8:  Last week

239.2: CW (minus 1.6#)

180.0: Goal weight

All week long I was trying to figure ot what I was going to write becasue I was UP almost 5# midweek. Although I have some TMI idea's as to what was happening, I grateful for the loss and to be out of the 240's. I was hoping this would be my week to finally say I lost 100#, but I'm going to have to wait a week. I did get to the Gym twice,a nd personal training twice, alng with mowing my lawn for the first time. Not bad.

This week I am traveling again to Tampa. I should have a pretty good week, and the 100# goal is clearly in my sights.

Wishing you all a fantastic week. Make sure all you're mothers have a very realxing day. 

John

Don 1962
on 5/11/14 7:09 am

Thanks John.  100 lb mark from where you are will be a chip shot!

RNYGuyPA
on 5/11/14 4:06 am
RNY on 12/27/13

405 ==> Highest Weight  (7/19/2013) and start of program

352 ==> Weight on surgery day (53 pounds lost pre-op)  (12/27/2013)

281 ==> Last week

276 ==> This week  (4+ months out)

While my results are good with a 5 pound loss, I had a crappy week.  After reading about your week Don, I have nothing to complain about.  Good luck with that situation, it's a very sad story.

I've been very regular when it comes to having a daily bowel movement or 2, but this week the constipation has really set in.  Found relief with Milk of Magnesia, but that's not a long term solution.  Do any of you guys take something regularly to help maintain regular BMs?  Protein dominates my diet, but maybe I need to change that a bit.  I'm wondering if a fiber supplement or some other supplement would be better than a laxative.

Hope we all have a better week starting today.  Let's here it for the MOMs out there!!!  Happy Mother's day!

6' 2"     HW: 405      SW: 352      CW: 276      GW: 225

Trendweight

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Qajohn
on 5/11/14 4:20 am - Woodbury, MN
RNY on 01/16/14

I went from a regular bowl movement  "once a day" to now, every two or three days (thus my 1.6# this week). Protein dominates my diet as well, and I know I need it due to the excersize, my dietician told me to back off a little and try to eat more fiber (veggies, etc). I still cna't get myself to eat simple carbs too much, but I can try to increase my veggies. I have thought about taking metamucile but I don't want to commit to another supplement. For now, I am chalking it up to eating less every day and maybe I just don't need to go as much. I'm watching closley though. 

Don 1962
on 5/11/14 4:22 am
SF candy usually does it for me. Find too that not pooping every day does not bother me further out I am. At 48 hours I get panicky.

takingcontrolguy
on 5/11/14 5:36 am - San Diego, CA
RNY on 12/10/13 with

Highest weight ever = 256, height 5' 7" 49 yrs old

Started most recent battle April 2012 = 246

Day of RNY, December 10, 2013 = 231

Today, May 11, 2014 = 148

Mike R.
on 5/11/14 6:05 am - Warner Robins, GA

@Don, vent away – with a week like yours you deserve it.  Having an outlet to vent in a testosterone enriched environment helps to deal with the “stuff” that got us to the point of needing WLS in the first place.

@John & RNYGuyPA, sometimes Colace needs to be your friend.  If I don’t have a BM after two days, I take 3 Colace (or generic stool softener) to help “break it loose”.  Also, make sure you’re getting enough H2O – 64 oz plus “sweat replacement” per day.  On my cardio days I’m trying to get in 96 to 128 oz per day.  The problem with regular use of laxatives is that you can become dependent on them – stool softeners not so much.

My stats this week:

High weight:  392.0 lbs
Pre-op Weight 4 Aug 09:  377.5 lbs
      1st Surgiversary:  241.0 lbs
      2nd Surgiversary:  212.5 lbs
      3rd Surgiversary:  217.0 lbs
      4th Surgiversary:  214.0 lbs
             Last week:  223.0 lbs / 21.5% body fat / 166.6 lbs muscle mass
             This week:  222.8 lbs / 21.2% body fat / 166.8 lbs muscle mass

This week I’m pretty much status quo - down 0.2 lbs overall with 0.2 lbs increased muscle mass.  I made it to the gym on 2 days this past week for Physioslow strength and ran a 5K on 2 days through the neighborhood.  I did ok mindfully eating this wee****il the wife “made” me share her Mother’s Day dessert.

We had beautiful weather last week in middle Georgia making it a joy to go outside and partake!  I’m on the road again this week so I’ve got to stave off the carb gremlins and the “dropsies” (i.e. I’ve dropped into the recliner and I can’t get up to go to the gym).

Be safe & have a great week gentlemen!

-Mike

HW: 392 lbs SW: 377.5 lbs
          CW: 215 lbs GW: 190 lbs

Don 1962
on 5/11/14 7:21 am

"Dropsies"

Confession time.  Did indulge in two "comfort foods".  Half of a grilled cheese w/bacon sandwich on Thursday for supper and Friday evening I broken open the last small bag of "crack in the sack" I had in the house.  Did not last two days.  Was saving it till I got back to 170 but I saw it on the top shelf in the pantry and thought to myself "I can get another one when I see 170 again". 

DadOfFour
on 5/11/14 6:39 am - Rosemount, MN

313.0 All time high 07/13
296.0 Surgery Day 11/06/13
211.2 - Last week
212.2 - This week
Goal - 185.0

Not a good week for me on the scale.  I remained active and worked out, but my old friend candy got the best of me several times this week.  Time to kick that old habit to the curb once again and get that scale moving in the right direction.

I hope everyone has a better week.

Mike

Most Active
Drug test Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 30 views
Recent Topics
Drug test Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 30 views
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 66 views
Eclipse Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 89 views