Sunday Weigh In

Don 1962
on 8/9/14 8:43 pm, edited 8/9/14 11:23 pm

Last week:  176.0

This week:  175.8

Really fell off the wagon this week.  Mid-week road trip through the exercise and eating off.  New schedule at work not helping either.  Granted it's nice having what is essentially three "short" weeks crammed into two calendar weeks to get off then back on to normal schedule, five days, till it is time to do work another full weekend.

Bless my Mrs. She had a bad, bad day yesterday.  While technically she did find a snake in the house from a threat level stand point - I've seen boot laces that are literally larger in diameter and certainly longer than what this little critter was.  Called me 30 minutes before I got off work in hysterics over seeing it.  Called my mother to come over and see if she could help locate the snake till I got home.  Thinking it was in the pantry started taking it a part.  No snake but a drum liner full of out dated food is going to dumpster.  Later in the evening it reappeared, was taken into custody and summarily executed.  What we do for these females.

Have a Great Week fellers!

ETA: Tweaked today's digits after the "morning nasty stinky".

Never, and I mean NEVER, trust a fart!! 

Mike R.
on 8/9/14 10:55 pm - Warner Robins, GA

@Don, I hear ya’!  It’s so easy to get off track when our “normal” schedules get interrupted.

My stats this week:

High weight:  392.0 lbs
Pre-op Weight 4 Aug 09:  377.5 lbs
      1st Surgiversary:  241.0 lbs
      2nd Surgiversary:  212.5 lbs
      3rd Surgiversary:  217.0 lbs
      4th Surgiversary:  214.0 lbs
      5th Surgiversary:  223.0 lbs
             Last week:  223.4 lbs / 21.3% body fat / 167.4 lbs muscle mass
             This week:  225.0 lbs / 21.1% body fat / 167.6 lbs muscle mass

I finished my 5th Surgiversary up 9 lbs from last year.  I need to redouble my efforts over the next year.  Reflecting over my food/exercise journal, I haven’t consistently made the best food choices especially when I’ve been on the road away from my “normal” routine.

This week I’m up 1.6 lbs overall with muscle mass status quo.  This past week I made it to the gym on 4 days (2 days cardio & 2 days Physioslow strength).  I did ok mindfully eating except I did partake of some homemade ice cream brought into the office.

I will be on the road again this week so I will have to face those exercise and food choice challenges.

Be safe & have a great week gentlemen!

-Mike

HW: 392 lbs SW: 377.5 lbs
          CW: 215 lbs GW: 190 lbs

Don 1962
on 8/11/14 12:05 am

I did ok mindfully eating except I did partake of some homemade ice cream brought into the office.

You are not alone - nobody turns down homemade ice cream! 

kevin626
on 8/9/14 11:02 pm
VSG on 03/10/14

Morning folks

It was a good week this week down 4 pounds. I changed the routine some and added a walk at lunch (anywhere from 2.5-4.5 miles). It seems to have helped. 

348.0 All Time high 10/13

320.0 SW 3/10/14

222.4 Last week

218 This morning

Don 1962
on 8/11/14 12:06 am

Never, and I mean NEVER, trust a fart!! 

Mike R.
on 8/11/14 11:30 am - Warner Robins, GA

Excellent!

HW: 392 lbs SW: 377.5 lbs
          CW: 215 lbs GW: 190 lbs

Qajohn
on 8/9/14 11:32 pm - Woodbury, MN
RNY on 01/16/14

337.6:  High weight Dec '13

311.3:  Surgery day 1/16/14

212.6:  Two Weeks ago

211.6: CW (minus 1)

180.0: Goal weight

It's getting tougher for sure. My week wa**** and miss. I was able to get solid workouts in, but my eating is still struggleing. We have the summer crops starting to really come in now, so we have access to great produce but I just can't stop snacking. I've never been a snacker before. My daily calories are hitting 1800 - 2000 some days. Its a wonder I am still losing a pound a day. 

I've been seeing a therapist since I started this process so I could get help with my eatng habits. Last week she said I was exhibiting red flags regarding anorexia. Now she's in my head every time I eat, and its resulted in me eating more. I'm starting to really give it a long thought about whether she's the right professional for my team. I am also working through my head how I want to live my life. I'm going to get to that goal weight for sure.

I am traveling three days this week, but shoudl be able to stay on track. I am finding it easier to stay on track when I travel and dont have access to our pantry. 

Don 1962
on 8/11/14 12:10 am

Red flags for anorexia?  Like what? 

Qajohn
on 8/11/14 2:06 am - Woodbury, MN
RNY on 01/16/14

Phrases like "I had a really good workout" - meaning length and intensity of the wrokout. Workout obsession being a red flag. I told her that I want to want to workout. I'm not there, not even close, but I'm very proud of the fact that I am working out more, and even prouder when I get a really good workout in once and a while. 

Additionally - phrases like "Eating healthy" - Causes her to think I am obsessed again. I admit I have a pretty laser like focus these days. I have another 35# or so to lose and its coming off much more slowely. I nee dto keep up my focus

Lastly - Calorie Counting - The engineer in me has kinda come out since I started this. I am tracking everything, especially my calorie balance every day as I work to 1) Create good habits and 2) Maintain a calorie deficit to continue to lose weight

I really need to make another appointment her soon to have a heart to heart discussion regarding whether she can stay on my team or not. the last few months her comments have really gotten in my head and I don't want them to derail me. 

Just to add some color, she is a therapist at an eating disorder clinic. I am wondering if the old adage "when your only tool is a hammer, every problem looks like a nail" is holding true here. I may need to find a therapist that works with bariatric patients. 

Don 1962
on 8/11/14 6:31 am

Just to add some color, she is a therapist at an eating disorder clinic. I am wondering if the old adage "when your only tool is a hammer, every problem looks like a nail" is holding true here. I may need to find a therapist that works with bariatric patients. 

Funny you should mention "hammer" and "nail" in the same sentence.  Getting therapist more familiar with bariatric patients is what I was going to suggest.  I know you want to get the last 30some odd pounds off ASAP but the further you are the weight loss slows down.  Keeping doing what you are doing and be patient.  You'll get there!

Most Active
Drug test Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 30 views
Recent Topics
Drug test Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 30 views
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 66 views
Eclipse Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 89 views
Easter Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 99 views