just got a date,

Ipatton
on 11/19/14 11:32 pm - Canada

I have been on here for a little while and have been reading a lot of the forums, I haven't posted much (mainly because there is a technical glitch where my posts are getting duplicated and I am being told they are trying to figure it out).  Its nice to have people in the local forum for my area, but they are almost entirely women so I appreciate the guys perspectives I have seen in this forum. 

It just got real for me, they gave me a date of Dec 5th. so here we go, any tips for immediate post op are welcome,

Ipatton
on 11/19/14 11:32 pm - Canada

I have been on here for a little while and have been reading a lot of the forums, I haven't posted much (mainly because there is a technical glitch where my posts are getting duplicated and I am being told they are trying to figure it out).  Its nice to have people in the local forum for my area, but they are almost entirely women so I appreciate the guys perspectives I have seen in this forum. 

It just got real for me, they gave me a date of Dec 5th. so here we go, any tips for immediate post op are welcome,

Han Shot First
on 11/20/14 12:28 am - Flint, MI
RNY on 10/06/14

Congrats!  It'll be here before you know it.

What procedure are you getting?  For mine, I made sure I had tons of stuff for the first two weeks (protein powder, SF popsicles, jello, fudgesicles, Greek Yogurt, etc.) so I didn't have to worry about shopping.  Besides that, my first two weeks were spent napping and walking.

--

150 lost and maintaining!

Ipatton
on 11/20/14 12:39 am - Canada

Im getting the RNY.  Here in Ontario it is the only one they will perform or fund unless you have a medical reason that would make the sleeve a better option.

Ipatton
on 11/20/14 12:39 am - Canada

Im getting the RNY.  Here in Ontario it is the only one they will perform or fund unless you have a medical reason that would make the sleeve a better option.

mike324-190
on 12/4/14 2:14 am
RNY on 12/30/14

Tomorrow is your big day! I wish you the best of luck for a speedy recovery. I can't offer any advice about what to do post-op because I just got my date today that 12-30-14 will be my surgery date. I am where you are at when you wrote your original post here. How do you feel? nervous, excited, scared, etc... If so, that's good. You're normal!

No matter the medical procedure, you go through these feelings. But I think more often than not, you will go through them with this procedure, and you will have them more, because it is looked at as an elective procedure by so many people. Mostly people who have never walked a mile in our shoes!

Again, Good Luck! and God bless!

Mike

Most Active
Drug test Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 30 views
Recent Topics
Drug test Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 30 views
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 66 views
Eclipse Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 89 views