Post weight loss surgery...What foods do you keep in your car??

cabin111
on 1/24/15 8:32 am

This is one of those questions we would ask on this board over the years.  It's good for the new people to think about what to plan to have, in case you are stuck in the middle of nowhere.  Over the years I would keep in my car or truck thinks like; beef jerky, different dried nuts, raisins, Cheerios, a rye cracker.  Those last two are in case I get nauseous or am throwing up...Settling the stomach.  Some of those things won't last long during the summer months...They'll go bad.  And I don't keep a lot, just a small amount as a back up.  One security blanket I have in my car (truck) is a can of chicken or beef vegetable soup (with a pop top lid).  If I am really stuck somewhere, and need protein, I could go to it for a back up.  I use to keep a protein bars in the car...But they would go back so quickly, that I don't bother anymore.  I also keep an extra water bottle in the car.  So, post op...What is your backup go to foods??    

Ipatton
on 1/26/15 12:21 am - Canada

I talked about this with some long term post-ops and it was something I had not thought about as a newly post-op, but with all the commuting and traffic I do, I found out having a "go bag is very helpful.  Right now I keep a pack that has a protein bar, a ziplock with a scoop of protein powder that I can throw into a bottle of water in a pinch, a water bottle, and a supply of all my vitamins and minerals (don't need my BP meds anymore!). I also have a ziplock with some cherrios and some packets of melba toast. 

I haven't thought about or tried Jerky yet ( I am about 8 weeks Post-op) but that might be a good idea.  I haven't tried nuts yet either. 

Ipatton
on 1/26/15 12:21 am - Canada

I talked about this with some long term post-ops and it was something I had not thought about as a newly post-op, but with all the commuting and traffic I do, I found out having a "go bag is very helpful.  Right now I keep a pack that has a protein bar, a ziplock with a scoop of protein powder that I can throw into a bottle of water in a pinch, a water bottle, and a supply of all my vitamins and minerals (don't need my BP meds anymore!). I also have a ziplock with some cherrios and some packets of melba toast. 

I haven't thought about or tried Jerky yet ( I am about 8 weeks Post-op) but that might be a good idea.  I haven't tried nuts yet either. 

happytoloose
on 1/27/15 1:17 pm

I like to keep a couple of quest protein bars and a bag of mixed nuts, mostly pistachios and almonds.

I think their may be some jacklinks jerky in my bug out bag. I keep a weeks worth of high protein snacks, just in case.

Never know, when you might need em.

Imagine how much stuff we needed in a pinch before surgery. Lol

Now a weeks worth fits in a small satchel under the seat.

Rod

LeapSecond
on 1/28/15 12:33 am - AR

We grab a go bag when we leave the house.  Jack links, grass run farms smoked beef sticks, water, meds and a quest bar or two.  It is a cold pack and stays in the house most of the time.  If we are going to be gone over a meal we pack lunch meat, cheese sticks and extra water.

HW=362(6/14) SW=314(9/14) GW=195 CW=270 (1-26-2020)

Most Active
Drug test Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 30 views
Recent Topics
Drug test Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 30 views
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 66 views
Eclipse Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 89 views
Easter Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 99 views