Sleeve to gastric bypass in mexico

ericdbuck
on 4/19/15 1:12 pm
VSG on 11/16/09 with

I had vsg from Pompa and my PCP in Texas said it failed. Anyone else have this issue.

Brad Special
Snowflake

on 4/19/15 10:45 pm
VSG on 12/06/12
califsleevin
on 4/21/15 1:08 am - CA

In what way did it fail - poor loss and/or regain, physiological problems such as reflux, stricture or excessive stretching? How was this failure determined - symptoms or scoping/scanning the stomach? Most PCPs are barely aware of there being WLS other than lapbands and the bypass, much less diagnosing problems with them - have you consulted with another bariatric surgeon to get an opinion as to the cause of whatever problems you are having? There are lots of potential issues with any WLS, not least of which is simple personality conflict between the specific procedure and the patient, and not all require additional surgery or a revision to solve.

1st support group/seminar - 8/03 (has it been that long?)  

Wife's DS - 5/05 w Dr. Robert Rabkin   VSG on 5/9/11 by Dr. John Rabkin

cabin111
on 4/21/15 9:03 am

I was self pay 8 1/2 years ago.  I'm sure the cost are higher now.  In Mexico over the years, the best clinic is (believe it or not) has been the one in Tijuana).  Don't know if it still is.  From San Diego they help you cross the border and get the procedure done.  Many people over the years have gone from the sleeve to gastric bypass.  They may not get the weight loss they desired...Or regain over the years.  If you are cash pay Mexico might be the way to go.  Brian 

Most Active
Drug test Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 30 views
Recent Topics
Drug test Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 30 views
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 66 views
Eclipse Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 89 views
Easter Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 99 views