Any men have plastics?

NateH
on 7/18/15 4:49 pm
VSG on 09/26/14

I'm still working towards my goal, so I know it's way too soon to think about plastic surgery. I never thought I'd even consider it, no matter how saggy I was. But as I'm nearing a 200 pound loss there's just a lot of "extra". I'm still not even sure that I would ever have plastic surgery, but really wanted to hear if anyone has any experience. My problem areas are small pockets of fat in my upper inner thighs and my stomach. Everything else is evening out with work or isn't too bad that I really care. I don't mind being a bit 'soft', I just find myself moving skin and pushing and tucking it into shirts and pants and it's getting a bit problematic. 

Thanks for any tips or info! 

HW: 450
SW: 428 9/26/14
Reached 'normal' BMI (24.9) with a weight of 199.9: 2/5/2016

Qajohn
on 7/18/15 6:36 pm - Woodbury, MN
RNY on 01/16/14

I agree with everything you said. That said, I have considered the possibility as well. Its not so much of a vanity thing, but my wife gets tired of me grabbing my turkey neck. Also, I have quite a bit of loose skin around my stomach. It looks weird in my business casual cloths. 

I am waiting until I maintain for about a year before I start really thinking seriously about it. 

(deactivated member)
on 7/18/15 9:43 pm

I'm about 8 months out and down from just around 290 to 160. I've already lost more weight than I intended and I will have PS soon. The loose skin on my face, neck, arms and thighs will never recover without surgery, and as long as I've lost all the fat, there is no real reason to wait. I'm looking at having PS in 2 stages, starting in Mexico with a guy that specializes in PS for massive weight loss. After that, I'll re-evaluate if I want to keep going.

95% of the people having PS on this board are woman, but us guys have the same issues post surgery. It's more of a macho thing about PS being unmanly, but after all the sh#@t I've gone thru to lose the weight, I'm having the surgery. I won't talk much about it to people around me, but I'll do it for my own sanity.

Don 1962
on 7/19/15 5:19 am

http://whttp://www.obesityhelp.com/group/male_plastics/ww.ob esityhelp.com/group/male_plastics/

Nate,

This is a link to a private OH group about men's plastics.  It's not too active but if Tom is still around and he lets you join lots of good information.

I did do a couple of consults several years ago.  As one PS put it I had "deflated" well and while I could use the PS it would have been more for vanity than practicality.

Do you have any compression garments?

Han Shot First
on 7/22/15 3:37 pm - Flint, MI
RNY on 10/06/14

I'm tentatively planning on it.  Like you, my major problem areas are my inner thighs and my stomach.  I can and do wear a compression shirt at work, so I could live without it if I needed to.  If I have it done, it'll be in about a year.  My doctor wants me to wait until a year after surgery, and with the longer recovery time, it's better for me to wait until summer (I'm a high school teacher).  It's not all vanity for me, because I have had some rubbing and rash issues this summer.  

I feel really fortunate that I don't have more problems.  My arms, the rest of my legs, my chest, my neck, and my face all turned out pretty good.  I'm lucky.

--

150 lost and maintaining!

Tombocom
on 7/27/15 5:39 am
RNY on 04/28/15

My surgeon has already planned plastics for me.  He mentioned it on my post-surgery visit when the stapled came out.  He did mention that I'd need the whatever-it's-called for the stomach area, and I'm seeing loose skin like crazy on where fat was making my biceps look bigger than they really are.

Seeing as I'm 54 now, and he said that when I hit goal weight and then maintain for a *year*, then we'd talk about it.  At the rate I'm losing, that should be around my 84th birthday.  

Stay Strong!  

bulldog76ss
on 7/31/15 7:28 pm - OH

I had plastics this past May.  That was 1-1/2 years out.  I hung to my knees.  It was very loose and I was having trouble getting clothes to fit.  The operation took 15 pounds off and I now have no trouble getting clothes and can function normally, if you get what I mean.  I still have some loose skin on my inner thighs but I can handle that.  It took a little getting use to, moving car seat up, can sleep on my back now, and so on.  All great things.  All in all I would say next to having the WLS, the plastics have made me a new, more comfortable person.  Quite frankly for the first time in 30 some years I feel normal in the world.  One more thing, the plastic surgery for me was more difficult to recover from than the WLS, but would do it again.  Good luck to you on what ever you decide.

sechax0r
on 8/4/15 5:03 am
VSG on 11/03/14

I plan to have my stomach done at 1 year. I went from 537 to what I am at now 277. Plan is to get to 250 and have stomach done in November. No problem with rashes or anything and I am shrinking pretty well. My upper thighs are still a problem but my arms are shaping out nicely due to my work in the gym. If I could get my stomach done I would be much happier. Makes your peen look better too.

Most Active
Drug test Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 30 views
Recent Topics
Drug test Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 30 views
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 66 views
Eclipse Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 89 views
Easter Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 99 views