Two months post surgery

Michmanbigboy
on 9/4/15 1:23 pm - Whitmore Lake, MI

Well I hit the two month stage and have lost a whooping 47 pounds. A total of 68 since I started this whole ordeal I can't believe the difference I feel in my body and my sleeping habits. I of course don't see the difference in my appearance like others do but that's a whole different issue. I just can't get over the thought and feelings that I would put in my mind about how healthy and fine I was before I had this done. When that scale showed 329 this morning,  I know now more then ever that I can be below 300 by the end of the year.  

RNYTerry
on 9/4/15 2:31 pm

Congratulations on your progress, awesome! I'm almost three months post surgery myself and like you feel great and can see the light at the end of the tunnel. Also I see modest changes in myself, but others see a more dramatic change. Humorously some people ask if I'm ok? Seeing my weight loss they are afraid to say anything for fear I have some terrible disease. When I tell them no I'm fine and explain my surgery they are very happy for me. I still have a long way to go in my journey, but as others have said, it's a marathon not a sprint! Best of luck to you and everyone else!

Terry

Referral-November 2014, Orientation Windsor, ON December 2015, Nurse, Dietician, Doctor, Social Worker & Nutrition Class January 2015, Nurse, Dietician & Psych March 2015, Surgery Ed. Class March 2015, Surgeon Consultation May 2015, Surgery June 16, 2015 at Guelph, ON with Dr Pereira-Hong

Sandman1991
on 9/6/15 7:47 am

hey good for you . doesn't it feel good!!! I forgot what it felt like to feel good about my self until I lost weight!and you will feel better until you sit on something had like a wooden bench. I bowl and the seats are made  of plastic and my boney ass hurts when I sit down. I was 257 before and am down now to wonder land(197.6) it feels so good I plan on getting down to 175 the weight I was in my senior  high. man im into size 36 pants wowhey good luck.

NateH
on 9/6/15 8:14 am
VSG on 09/26/14

Keep up the hard work! It's funny that you say you don't "see" the new you in your appearance. I still struggle with that. Despite the fact that I know I've lost 200+ pounds, I still feel like a fat guy. I'm still making sure I move out of the way of others and I worry that I'll knock things over with my stomach, etc. I still can't get my brain to catch up. I think it just takes time. 

Congrats on your success! 

HW: 450
SW: 428 9/26/14
Reached 'normal' BMI (24.9) with a weight of 199.9: 2/5/2016

IWANT2BEHEALTHY
on 9/6/15 3:43 pm
VSG on 03/16/15

Congratulations on your kick ass start. Keep up the good work. One day you will see your reflection in a window or a mirror and you will see your weight loss. It took me a while as well to see it. 

Ht:6'5 Start weight 427, surgery weight=362 current weight 238 goal weight unsure?

Most Active
Drug test Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 29 views
Recent Topics
Drug test Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 29 views
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 65 views
Eclipse Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 88 views
Easter Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 98 views