Sunday Weigh In

Don 1962
on 6/25/23 5:56 am

Its hot here - Meme by ShotgunHobo :) Memedroid

Last week: 196.8

This week: 197.6

Triple digits all week so water and AC are mandatory! Did knock off yard yesterday and rowing on track this week. Retirement paperwork is turned in. Debating if I want any type of shindig to celebrate my departure. Leaning away from having one.

Have a Great Week, Gentlemen!!

Never, and I mean NEVER, trust a fart!! 

82much
on 6/25/23 7:29 am
VSG on 11/28/16

Last Week 229.0
This Week 228.9

I was going to comment on how it will be 85 today, then I read Don's...never mind :-)

Some nice weather so maybe I'll get in the pool for the first time this season. Maybe cut the lawn, maybe go to Costco. Nothing really planned, and that is OK with me.

Don, have any plans on what to do when you retire? I'm a little nervous about that for myself. I like to cook, so that's not the best hobby for a bariatric patient. Yardwork is satisfying, but Summer is only a few months here in upper Ohio.

Good week to all!

Don 1962
on 6/25/23 3:59 pm

I ain't gonna lie about it - I don't know. Till end of the year I plan on cruising work wise and work on some "honey do's" and get my shop building cleaned out and back in order. I have entertained the idea of working for a "First Call" service or funeral home and chauffeur dead people around. No embalming or funeral directing. Pick-up and delivery only! Second option is that Texas schools are desperately trying to put armed bodies on their campuses. Pros and cons to working as a campus cop. Plan to keep the Peace Officer license valid in case I do wind up going back to work in that field. Thirdly, and this one the wife nixed under all cir****tances as long as we are together, being a gigolo at a Dell Web / Robson Ranch 55+ retirement community!

Jmm4321
on 6/25/23 8:27 am

Weight's stable at about 162 today.

I don't feel bad for people in TX in the heat. I was in Austin for a week last yr when it was 106+ each day and it feels a lot better than 80 degrees in NYC which is humid, muggy, and gross.

Regarding retirement, you guys aren't retiring, you're just transitioning to new forms of work and engagement. Sitting home is boring and ages people fast so your challenge is finding new ways to stay in the game that hopefully are fun and rewarding.

Have a great week!

Don 1962
on 6/25/23 3:42 pm

I remember it being hot, humid and gritty digging ditches and pulling concrete in Houston in 1980! Of course I was a wee lad of 18 doing that crap!

DonRobbie
on 6/25/23 2:07 pm
DS on 12/18/18

Last week 199

This week 199

Preemptively wishing all a Happy 4th of July.

Had a bad week at work. We had some critical people out so things ran very poorly. Made lots of extra hours but finished the week with an empty tank. Did one small honeydo project but was mostly a lump.

Most Active
Drug test Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 38 views
NFL Draft Sunday
Don 1962 · 0 replies · 3 views
Recent Topics
NFL Draft Sunday
Don 1962 · 0 replies · 3 views
Drug test Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 38 views
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 71 views