July 4th Sunday Weigh In

Don 1962
on 7/2/23 6:31 am

Portage 4th of July Festival & Parade

Last week: 197.6

This week: 182.2

Meme circulates in first responder circles with x-rays of damaged hands after a firework has exploded while being held. The caption is something to the effect of "today is the last day somebody will wake up with all ten fingers". If you do your own - be careful and keep the water hose handy. Worst fear for me living in country is a grass fire started by fireworks.

Have a Happy and Safe 4th of July!! If you are working - I feel your pain.

Never, and I mean NEVER, trust a fart!! 

82much
on 7/2/23 8:27 am
VSG on 11/28/16

Last Week 228.9
This Week 229.5

Don, I'm hoping you guys get some heat relief soon.

Still a little cooler here, and have not made it into the pool yet. With the current rains, the grass has been growin and I have been mowin', :-)

I've always liked fireworks, both commercial displays and home stuff, but just the small home stuff, none of the big boom booms. Now a day snap a pops for the local kiddies is just as fun and safer.

Happy 4th to all!

DonRobbie
on 7/2/23 1:36 pm
DS on 12/18/18

Last week 199

This week 198.2

We got walloped with a pretty big storm Thursday. Our lights only flickered but about half the people in the area lost power and most of them still don't have it back. Lots and lots of trees down. All of my coworkers in the area lost power. Did not do much this weekend because most stuff in the area is closed and the places that are open are packed with people trying to eat or escape the heat. We've gotten hit with a fair number of storms since then and It's supposed to rain off and on through the week with a couple thunderstorms mixed in so imagine repairing it all is going to take a good little bit.

Good news is the drought is at least beat back a bit. The grass hasn't taken off yet, but once we get some sun I'm sure it's going to make up for lost time.

Most Active
Drug test Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 33 views
Recent Topics
Drug test Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 33 views
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 69 views
Eclipse Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 93 views
Easter Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 103 views