Anyone see "Action Hero Makeover" on Discovery Health Channel last night?

LindaU
on 1/11/07 6:14 am - Aberdeen, MS
It was almost surreal to hear the words "Mini Gastric Bypass" on television! I thought the show was well done. I was impressed with Gil Gerard's openess and honesty in discussing his struggle with weight. It will be on again Jan 13 at 7PM Eastern.
JulieIND
on 1/11/07 8:39 am - Indianapolis, IN
Hi!  Yes, I saw it.  We've been talking about it on the MGB website for months, and I've been patiently waiting.  I thought the show was fantastic!
MissSandy
on 1/13/07 12:59 pm - Acworth, GA
Hi, I, too, saw the program and am so glad the word is finally getting out!  I read all the horror stories on here about other surgeries, and as I sit here 200 pounds lighter, healthier and happier. I am so glad I found the MGB! Sandy
jazzyjan
on 1/14/07 1:45 am - Pueblo, CO
I had MGB on jan 3, 2007 and had no idea it was such a rarity.  I was up and walking the first day with no pain or nausea and home from the hospital in 2 days.  I was on clear liquids initially, then went to full liquids 4 days ago.  Tomorrow I go to soft foods, and I feel good and haven't struggled after this surgery as I have with others.  (Gall bladdar removal, hysterectomy.)  Laproscopic surgery rules!
Rochelle W.
on 1/16/07 11:45 am - Silver Spring, MD
Can you tell me where you had the surgery? There are so few places that do the MGB?  I live in Maryland.  Did you have a tough time with your insurance companies.  The places I've run across (CLOS) that do this surgery want the $17,000 upfront.  They call it "global fee." Your procedure went really smooh.
Most Active
Recent Topics
MGP in Ontario
NAP2013 · 2 replies · 900 views
New to this
Grammy1976 · 0 replies · 1233 views
Pre-op diet
LovelyBeck · 0 replies · 2050 views