Have the $$ to pay for surgery now...Need help finding mini gastric bypass surgeon

trjohnson
on 4/1/07 1:43 pm - Joelton, TN
I shared my story on my personal experience with insurance companies.   I am one of those people who absolutely positively needed to have my insurance pay for wt loss as I was told by two orthopedic surgeons that if I did not lose 100 pounds in less than six months so they could operate on my knees and my left ankle that I would not be walking in a year.     See my post about additional information. I decided to take out a home equity loan since my home is paid for, which is truly sad.    I have to now pay for this surgery so that my insurance company will cover the knees and ankle surgery.     I am going to my local news station to have this advertised and offer to allow them to follow my case.  I feel that my situation might be unique in that I was prepped for surgery at a local hospital in Tennessee so that I could have the very much needed surgery on my knees and ankle but the anesthesiologist cancelled the surgery due to my risk.   Remember, even after this, the insurance company said my obesity surgery would be to cure my obesity, never mind the fact that it is required I lose 100+ pounds in six months or as soon as possible.   A letter from my internist, a letter from my first ortho surgeon and then another from a 2nd opinion ortho surgeon was to no avail. I believe insurance companies such look at each case individually and assess whether or not it is medically necessary and pay if it is.     NOW THE GOOD NEWS! ..... I am going to bite the financial bullet and do it myself.   So.....wish me luck everybody.  I am looking for the right facility and right physician.    I am looking to have it done under $15,000.00.    I want the mini gastric bypass.      Any ideas out there?  I want to have surgery in April.   I have no issues going outside the US. THANKS!  
radiochickgso
on 4/1/07 11:35 pm - Lexington, NC
North Carolina is not to far away to travel.  They do the MGB at High Point Regional Hospital.  They used to be a CLOS facility, but have been their own since May of 2006.  They now do the MGB for HPRHS as Regional Bariatrics.    www.regionalbariatrics.com.  The Drs  Walsh and Dasher are surgeons with Cornerstone Surgery in high Point NC and head up the bariatrics program at HPRHS.  Dr walsh was my surgeon, but I am equally impressed with Dasher.  I live local so I am very involved with their program.  I had surgery 1 year ago and I have lost 108 pounds and I am extremely healthy.  Their complete fee, whi*****ludeds the hospital and anithesia (sp) is $17K.  Their program co-ordinator is Lisa and she can be reached at 336-878-6340.  Good luck.  MGB is the way to go in my opinion ... complications are far and few.
Shelly
3-21-06
MGB (Mini Gastric Bypass)
Dr Walsh
High Point Regional Hospital
High Point NC
www.regionalbariatics.com
(deactivated member)
on 4/3/07 10:43 am, edited 5/20/08 3:30 am
tyrasmom757
on 4/4/07 2:58 am - Newport News
You can have it for $13,000 total cost from Dr. Rodriguez in Mexico
seekingme
on 4/5/07 7:26 am - chapel hill, TN
Hey, I'm also in Tennessee and a victim of BCBS Rules.  I'm going to Orlando and Dr. Peraglie is going to do my surgery in June.  I can't wait.  The cost is 17,000.  Good luck Andrea
Devina
on 8/8/07 5:24 am - Sweet Home, OR

Hi my name is Devina and I just read your post and I thought I ask you if you have looked into Mexico there is a wonderful DR. ther and his name is Gwillermo Alverec   if you go to VSG board you can find all kids of people that have used him, I plane on it next summer , he dose mini GB VSG and lapbands and perhaps even more, you can see a avertisment on the left side of the boad and pull up his web site. I hope this helps you and may God Bless you. Devina in Oreg Gardening 

w3892r
on 2/17/09 1:43 pm - TX
hell im Will i went to limapr in tj mexico. they did a great job and treated me really good paid about 10k for an mgb. contact me if you like. Will
Most Active
Recent Topics
MGP in Ontario
NAP2013 · 2 replies · 899 views
New to this
Grammy1976 · 0 replies · 1232 views
Pre-op diet
LovelyBeck · 0 replies · 2049 views