MGB in Michigan?

SherylN
on 5/25/07 10:52 pm - West Bloomfield, MI
I am just finding my way around this forum and am seeking a Dr in MI for MGB. Any recommendations?
Dawn M.
on 5/26/07 1:41 pm - Peterborough, Canada
I have not yet had MGB surgery as of yet, but I am too looking at having it done in MI. You will probably want to see Dr. Paul Doroghazi in Bay City. That is who I am looking into to do my surgery. If you have not done so yet, check out www.clos.net. Hope that helps! ~Dawn~
SherylN
on 5/26/07 9:42 pm - West Bloomfield, MI
Actually, he is the only Dr that I have found in MI that performs the MGB.  However, what I am hearing is that my insurance probably won't cover that particular surgery.  I will have to check after the holiday to see.Thanks for your advice. Sheryl
Dawn M.
on 5/27/07 1:30 am - Peterborough, Canada
Yes, I believe you are right about him being the only surgeon in MI to do this surgery!! My suggestion is to try and contact the clinic to see if they can work with you and your insurance company to try and get it covered. You might have to fight for them to cover it. Maybe if you can make them see that this would benefit you (and them!)  they may make an exception. Depending on if you have some co-morbitities, your insurance company may see that this surgery could eliminate them and in the long run save them some money. Will they cover the RNY? If they do, but not the MGB, I would call Kim Hazen at 989-450-8081 or e-mail her at [email protected] and ask her to help you get the MGB covered.  I have personally chosen the MGB because of alot of success stories I have heard, less complications, low mortality rate, & quicker recovery. It is a bit of a pain to do your package (which I am currently working on!) but I think in the long run it will prepare you for the changes in your life that this surgery will bring. Good Luck & keep me posted, I'd love to hear how you make out!! ~Dawn~
SherylN
on 5/27/07 2:35 am - West Bloomfield, MI
Dawn, Thanks for all your words of wisdom.  Yes, the insurance will cover the RNY.  I will get in touch with Kim.  Thanks again, and best of luck with your journey. Sheryl
SnoDov
on 7/1/07 2:35 pm - Alpena, MI

I too thank you Dawn as this was just the info. I have been looking for on this board!  My RNY "date" is very near at hand and I too am questioning my choice.

Hugs to All!

*¸¸..·´¨¨)) *

¸.·´   .·´¨¨))
      ((¸¸.·´    ..·´
                 ((¸¸.·´
* SnoDov

robinjc
on 7/12/07 11:14 am
Check out Dr. Hargroder in Joplin, MO.   Great Doc and has done hundreds of MGB's.  You won't find a better one!
celticancestry
on 7/5/07 9:58 am - Sandusky, OH
I am just getting used to this site but I wanted to mention that I had my MGB with Dr Doroghazi in Bay City Michigan on March 29, 2006--My surgery took approx 30 min duration. I was released from Bay Reg. Med Cntr 24 hours later and in the past 16 months I have gone from a size 22/24 down to a size 10 jeans and size 12/14 top. I'm 54 years of age--and at the time of my surgery I was a type 2 diabetic, taking meds for it and for high blood pressure; I had fatty liver disease and high cholesterol levels. All of these issues have been resolved. I go to aerobics classes 4x per week, nautilus weight training and walk 3 miles per day. Clearly I feel great... best money I ever spent!! The MGB was a tool to help me get back my health--it is not a magic wand---I feel great and have a new outlook on like and have added to the quantity and quality of my life.
Most Active
Recent Topics
MGP in Ontario
NAP2013 · 2 replies · 900 views
New to this
Grammy1976 · 0 replies · 1233 views
Pre-op diet
LovelyBeck · 0 replies · 2050 views