are there any surgeons who do the MBG or is it mainly in the states

poohbear333
on 7/23/07 4:32 pm - alliston, Canada
Hello I am from Ontario Canada.  I was originally going to get the lapband surgery. I have done a lot of research on it.  I came across the MGB and it looks like the safer approach short and long term.  Are there any surgeons who perform this in Canada?  If I am to go to dr rutledge in the usa how do I go about starting the whole procedure?
MissSandy
on 7/24/07 4:56 am - Acworth, GA

You can find all the information you need at CLOS.net, the official MGB site.  I see on the Yahoo message board that lots of people come to the US from Canada---one doctor does the surgery in Michigan--and your national health plan covers it.  Check it out.  I had surgery 3 years ago and have gone from 392 to 175 with virtually no problems!  Good luck, and if I can answer any questions for you, feel free to ask. Sandy

(deactivated member)
on 8/13/07 3:30 am - Pittston, PA
hello! can you help me?  what is the difference between mini gastric bypass & the RNY?? just curious,,I'm about to start the weight loss program "preparing" you for the RNY the end of this month,,I don't think the surgeon I chose does that, (MGB) ,,but I would like to know what the difference is!! anything info you can provide will be helpful!! thank you!!! d
MissSandy
on 8/13/07 3:50 am - Acworth, GA
 Denise,     The best advice I can give you is RESEARCH, RESEARCH, RESEARCH!  I did, and when it came down to the best choice for me, there was no question that the MGB was the way to go.  Go to CLOS.net and you will find details about this surgery.  I chose this over the RNY because of the statistics regarding mortality rate, surgery and recovery time, the success stories I read about (the actor Gil Gerard had the MGB and a program about it was on the Discovery  Health Channel), and, most of all, the fact that it is reversible in case I made a terrible mistake!!  I would be happy to send you my story if you like.  You may contact me at [email protected]. Sandy
Most Active
Recent Topics
MGP in Ontario
NAP2013 · 2 replies · 900 views
New to this
Grammy1976 · 0 replies · 1233 views
Pre-op diet
LovelyBeck · 0 replies · 2050 views