Calling all MGB people, please check in.

slugworth
on 12/3/07 2:17 pm - Stanwood, WA
Hello everyone.  I just wanted to see if some of the OH MGB people would come out of the wood work to check in. I am Van, had my MGB on Sept 26 2007. I am 2 months out and have lost about 38 pounds. I would love to hear from anyone who has had the MGB or is thinking about it. I had a lap band and was revised to the MGB in Las Vegas by Dr R. Please check out my profile. Take care, Van High/Surgery/Now/Goal 412/387/349/250
MissSandy
on 12/4/07 1:09 pm - Acworth, GA
Hi,Van, Sorry I've been out of touch with this board.  I check in occasionally but have not found many recent posts lately. I had my MGB with Dr. Walsh in North Carolina when he was still associated with CLOS.  I have had great success with the surgery---have gone from a high of 392 to 195.  I held a weight of 180-185 for a year and a half, but I am now experiencing a problem with weight gain.  I know the reason---I quit smoking in September and graze all day!  Every time I want to smoke, I eat!  I have gotten into a real rut with this and HAVE to find something else to substitute.  I've even considered counseling to help me deal with this.  I hope it will resolve itself, but I am really afraid of regaining a significant amount of weight if I don't do something now. Even so, my life has changed tremendously.  At almost 400 pounds three years ago, I suffered from numerous health problems and was even confined to a wheelchair due to my weight and post-polio problems.  I go all the time now!  I even made my first trip to Las Vegas last week.  The walking was tough, but at least I got to go and have a great time. I, too, would like to see more activity here.  Many of the folks here in the past had mini-gastric  bypass surgeries with doctors other than those with CLOS. It becomes confusing sometimes as to exactly what mini-gastric bypass they had.   Sounds like you're doing great.  I LOVED that first year when I had lost weight every time I weighed.  I still feel the MGB is the best option out there.  Best wishes for continued success. Sandy
darnell239
on 12/8/07 10:19 am - Columbia, SC
Hi Van, You are already somewhat familiar with me.  You communicated with me on the revision board.  As you know I had the surgery almost 8 years ago.  I have since regained alot of my weight back.  I hear doctor Rutledge is much more aggressive with the bypass than he was 8 years ago.  I wish you continued success!
shoutjoy
on 12/16/07 10:50 am - Culpeper, VA
Hi, I am here.  I am Paula.  I had the MGB in May 2000.  Nice to meet you.
marianne123
on 12/29/07 1:59 pm - CA
Hi, my name is Marianne and I am going on Wed. to see Dr. R. in LV.  I am going with my husband to see him and ask some questions.  I like about 8 hours a way.. so I am very serious about having this done;  however, I am terrified.  Could you email me some links that you researched in coming to the decision to have the MGB?  My email is:  [email protected]  I am so overwhelemed by all of the options, especially between the MGB and the RNY.  Thanks,  Marianne
Tom Y.
on 1/8/08 3:49 am - Volcano, HI
Aloha Van, I'm 3 mos out and down 65 pounds.  Food is still a problem.  I take IDS New Whey Liquid Protein and chewable vitamins religiously but rarely eat.  I satisfy my desire to chew with ice.  The fact that I can't eat doesn't bother me too much right now.  I get head hunger and project a bit, but all in all life is good. Tom
MissSandy
on 1/9/08 1:52 am - Acworth, GA
Hi, Tom, It really concerned me when you described how you still cannot eat!  What does your surgeon say?The MGB I had was through CLOS, and I have not heard of anyone who was not able to move through the phases to being able to eat "real" food. I had no problems moving from the liquids to the other stages.  I hope you find some help with this! Please keep us posted. Sandy
Tom Y.
on 1/9/08 3:33 am - Volcano, HI
Aloha Sandy, Yes, I'm concerned, but not so much about now as when I've shed the weight in its entirety.  My surgery was performed in Mexico because I neither had enough money or insurance to consider stateside surgeons.  The service provided was limited to surgery, period. I'll have to deal with whatever problems when the time comes. Tom
joh4652
on 1/30/08 9:42 am
Hi Van, I am Jo in Arkansas and due to have the mgb in March with Dr. Hargroder in Joplin.  I am on the clos.net site chat board and this one and a yahoo one but there is the least traffic on this OH site. I am excited but nervous about the surgery.  Your progress sounds great.   blessings, Jo
slugworth
on 1/30/08 1:44 pm - Stanwood, WA
Hi Jo, I read the MGB MO posts online. I am considered a slow loser even though I have lost about 60 pounds in 4 months. Good luck!
Most Active
Recent Topics
MGP in Ontario
NAP2013 · 2 replies · 900 views
New to this
Grammy1976 · 0 replies · 1233 views
Pre-op diet
LovelyBeck · 0 replies · 2050 views