Please help

ktippie
on 10/31/08 12:07 pm - Oronogo, MO
I know that I am not that far out from having my surgery but I know in my heart of hearts that it was a mistake, I do not feel as though I was informed enough (my fault) about the possibilities of what can happen. I feel dehydtrated now as I write this, and I try to drink but it hurts and then I burp. I have lost 15 lbs and that's good I suppose but the rest is for the birds. I have no energy at all- I used to be an early bird and now I have a hard time getting out of bed to take my kids to school. I follow what I am supposed to do, but I still feel like throwing up all the time. Prior to the surgery, I read people's posts that made it sound like a walk in the park. I woke up with pain and wa****ting the morphine button as much as I could. My hospital stay was not a good one, and now to top it off I have written a letter to my surgeon asking what could be done a week ago and have heard nothing back. I feel like throwing up everyday-no matter what I try to eat it feels like it gets stuck. I hate it hate it hate it. And now with no response from my surgeon I don't know what to do.
reese2727
on 11/5/08 5:20 am - Cedar Park, TX
Hey,

How are you doing? I see that you were having a rough time, but I'm curious how you are doing now? What kind of surgery did you have? Did the doctor ever contact you? I hope that your doing better. Please let me know.

Debra
shoutjoy
on 11/6/08 9:55 am - Culpeper, VA
Hi,

Sorry you are having such a problem.  I couldn't drink alot at first but did alot of sipping.  It changes over time.  I am concerned that you are having pain.  I suggest you see your regular doctor.  It is an adjustment.  Are you going to support groups?  Are you getting any councelling?  Are you trying to eat too much, too fast?  Are you chewing your food very well?  Are you ready for solid food?  Please see your family doctor! 

Paula
shoutjoy
on 11/7/08 10:49 pm - Culpeper, VA
Also increase your salt intake.  That will help with hydration.  Hang in there.  It will get better!

Paula
kmlenhardt
on 11/12/08 1:45 pm - Mercer Island, WA
Ktippie, I am so terribly sorry to hear that you are having a rough time and am concerned about your pain. When your Doctor didn't respond to you after you wrote to him, did you attempt to phone him? The reason I ask is that I did have this same surgery, but with Dr. Rutledge, and he is available at all hours via phone. I don't know about Dr. Hargroder, but if you have tried to reach him to no avail I would absolutely call Dr. Rutledge, as he is the expert on this.

I must say I am one of the patients who had the "walk in the park", but it sounds like you are not getting enough salt or liquids. One more thing that may be helpful is getting on the MGB message board. There are LOTS of post op people there that are happy to help in any way that they can. It was a great source of support and information to  me.

I hope you are feeling better and my thoughts are with you!
Kathryn
Most Active
Recent Topics
MGP in Ontario
NAP2013 · 2 replies · 900 views
New to this
Grammy1976 · 0 replies · 1233 views
Pre-op diet
LovelyBeck · 0 replies · 2050 views