Help finding Dr. in Mexico for Mini Gastric Bypass

L N
on 2/5/09 3:23 am
Hi can u give me some dr's names in Mexico?  I have been debating on Lap-Band or Mini Gastric Bypass, not sure which way to go.  One thing I like about the Mini Bypass is not FILLS.!!

Also if u don't mind about how much does this surgery cost verses the Lap-Band?

Thank you for you time. 

shoutjoy
on 2/5/09 9:23 am - Culpeper, VA
Hi,

If you visit http://clos.net, it should answer most of your questions.

Clueless about weight loss and weight loss surgery of any kind.

w3892r
on 2/6/09 3:09 am - TX
about 9-10 k in mexico, verses 17-28k in the states. if your insurance doesnt cover it, and you cant afford a usa dr. mexico is a goos choice. i only recomend the one i used. which is limarp. i looked into mexico for about 3 years before i chose limarp. and it was a good choice for me. hope the info helps you and good luck,. Will
L N
on 2/6/09 3:43 am
Hi to tell you the truth the more I look into weight loss surgery, the more confused I get.  I talk with LapBanders who think that is the only way to go, and then talk to MGB and they say the same thing.

Lap Banders say you can stretch out the MGB and then can overeat and gain all your weight back.  

MGB say they would not put up with all the going to get fills, throwing up, etc.

So I really don't know which will work best for me.

One reason I like the MGB is I don't have a local Dr who will do my fills if I go to Mexico, or excuse me he did say he would but at $500 per fill.

Do you know how many MGB Dr. Lisa Pompa Gonzalez has done?  If there are more people out there who have had this surgery by her, please contact me with the good, the bad and the ugly.

Thanks for all your help
Lavanda  
w3892r
on 2/6/09 3:49 am - TX
hi. well i looked at lap bands for about 10 years and if you just look at the data over the long term , you will see lap band long term success is less than half. and alot of the mgb people are failed lap banders. so that should tel lyou alot. im not here to convinece you to get mgb or lap. you haver to go with your gut feeling on this. sorry for the pun. long term studies of mgb or bill roth 2 , as the technical name. are very good for mgb. 96% good. rny normally have to many complications and streching etc... mgb does not, now having said that  if you do not change your habbits you will stretch it out , and the band will not work as well. so this is a tool to help you loose weight but it does not work unless you change what and how you eat. also the mgb is reversalbe and  that was the final answer i needed to make the call on it. say in the future you get cancer and need to take in more protiens. it can be reveresed. i hope this helps. and look more at the longer term issues of both , and you will know what is best for you. good luck Will
shoutjoy
on 2/6/09 6:23 pm - Culpeper, VA
Hi,

You can sabatoge any surgery.  Not one is exempt.  It's just how committed you are to take full advantage of the tool of choice and it is your choice.  Rate the pros and cons of all.

Clueless about weight loss and weight loss surgery of any kind.

PatyR
on 2/23/09 3:00 am
Dinorahp
on 2/23/09 6:34 am
Hi,
Have you considered the gastric sleeve? That's what I ended up having and it went great. It was perfomed by Dr. Ponce de Leon and Dr. Verboonen. Recovery is rather quick (about 2 days in the hospital) and you can expect to pay a little over $7,000.
Good luck.
DinorahP
ericaj021
on 2/26/09 12:26 am - Ripley, MS

HEY I KNOE A GREAT DOCTOR IN MX(ITS THE ONE IM GOING TO) DR. SERGIO IN CANCUN.IM PAYING 8500 W\O AIRFARE BUT EVERYTHING ELSE IS INCLUDED. INFACT I WAS TRING TO GET A GROUP STARTED TO SEE IF PPL WOULD LIK TO HAV SURGERY AROUND THE SAME TIME WITH THE SAME DOC. WHEN ARE U TRIN TO HAV SURGERY? IM TRIEN TO HAVE MINE IN MARCH. IF U LIKE WE CAN GO AROUND SAME TIME WRITE ME AND LET ME KNOW. IM HAVIN THE GASTRIC SLEEVE.

Most Active
Recent Topics
MGP in Ontario
NAP2013 · 2 replies · 905 views
New to this
Grammy1976 · 0 replies · 1238 views
Pre-op diet
LovelyBeck · 0 replies · 2057 views