Protien supplement

lily528
on 2/18/09 12:36 am - gainesville, TX
Hi , I am leaving on March 4th for my MGB with Dr. Pompa The clinic has sent me a preop diet that includes a protien supplement. Does anyone have suggestion on which one is better ie: taste,mixability , cost ? Thanks ! Also I am getting a case of the nerves ..any suggestions ?
shoutjoy
on 2/18/09 6:48 pm - Culpeper, VA
Hi,

Congratulations on getting back to good health!  I know it is a little nerve wracking.  You are in good hands.  Do you have someone going with you?  We are here to encourage you throughout your journey!  Do you have an opportunity to attend Dr. Rutledge's video conferences on Tuesdays?  That would be a good thing.  I posted the link on this board earlier.

The protein I use and like is Unjury (www.unjury.com).  It is a fine powder that mixes well.  They have a variety of flavors and unflavored as well.  I have met with the creator of this product and they are passionate about what they do.  The cost is under $20 for a container.

Keep in touch!!

Clueless about weight loss and weight loss surgery of any kind.

lily528
on 2/19/09 12:27 am - gainesville, TX
Thanks for the info. Ihave been researching the MGB for over a year and havd attended three seminars (went with friends wwho are considerg WLS )
I am unfortunately going alone but I know many others have and done well. I am trying to get all my supplements beforehand as well as stock the frig with things I can drink/eat so I don't have to go out shopping. Thanks again.
trainerlady
on 2/25/09 5:56 am - jackson, NJ
Hi! I found a protein drink in Costco . Its already pre-mixed, but only comes in chocolate. Its made by premier. 18 - 11 1/2oz. containers for about $24.00  it has 30 grams of protein, very low fat andvery low sugar. they remind me of yoo hoo,   I did these for the entire 2wk pre-op and didnt get tired of them.  good luck on your journey!
Most Active
Recent Topics
MGP in Ontario
NAP2013 · 2 replies · 899 views
New to this
Grammy1976 · 0 replies · 1232 views
Pre-op diet
LovelyBeck · 0 replies · 2049 views