Bile reflux after MGB

travelinqueen83
on 2/25/09 5:37 am

I had a MGB done in October of 2008. I have lost 70lbs, but mostly because I was too sick to eat. I ended up having the exit to my stomach, where the intestines are re-connected closing off. The doctors could not find out what was wrong with me until they finally did a scoped of my stomach. By the time they finally did the scope the area was completely closed off due to scare tissue and swelling. The doctors then ballooned that back open. I ended up having that ballooned open 3 times, the last time seeming to have been successful. Each time the doctors noted an extensive amount of bile, which explains my nausea. I just had my gallbladder removed 3 weeks ago, and thought I would start to feel great. NOPE, not the case. It does not matter what I eat, I am nauseous after words, and quite often I vomit what I ate along with and extensive amount of bile. It is painful not to mention absolutely disgusting! I don’t drink caffeine and daily I take protonics which is the antacid I took when in the hospital.  I am currently looking to have my surgery reversed, and am really nervous after having so many complications from the first! Any ideas? Frustrated, Jessica

shoutjoy
on 2/25/09 6:01 pm - Culpeper, VA
Hi,

I got to thinking more about what you said and have you had an endoscopy lately?  I went through that early in my journey and had to be on a PrevPak which is high doses of antibiotics and prevacid.  It's basically pre-ulcer meds.  It did the trick and I haven't had a problem since.

Clueless about weight loss and weight loss surgery of any kind.

shoutjoy
on 2/25/09 9:28 pm - Culpeper, VA
Dr. Rutledge is going to try to get in touch with you.

Clueless about weight loss and weight loss surgery of any kind.

crazyme
on 4/19/09 1:24 pm
I hope you are feeling better soon.  I was wondering if you wouldn't mind sharing where you had the MGB done and who your surgeon was???

Thanks
tinsleytown
on 9/23/09 4:19 pm
 Have you gotten your problems with the MGB under control?  I am scheduled for the surgery and I am trying to find people that have had complications so that I can be fully prepared!  Thanks! Renee
cindylu777
on 1/1/10 12:00 am - Downers Grove, IL
I see its been awhile since you posted so did you have a reversal. I am 7 years out from my mgb
but am having problems with bile reflux, am considering reversal.
Most Active
Recent Topics
MGP in Ontario
NAP2013 · 2 replies · 904 views
New to this
Grammy1976 · 0 replies · 1238 views
Pre-op diet
LovelyBeck · 0 replies · 2054 views