Support Group - Jacksonville, FL

abandster
on 1/26/10 10:10 am
I'm a OH Support Group Leader here in Jacksonville, FL and would like to send an invitation to anyone who'd like to join us for a meeting in the near future.

We meet on the 1st Thursday night of each month, 6:30 PM.  Its a dinner meeting which is usually held at the Town Center or Tinsel Town . . . . which seems to be centrally located for everybody.

If you're interested in joining us, please let me know so I can add you to my mailing list and be sure you're invited to future meetings.  Are meetings are open to people, no matter what type of surgery you may have had.

In the meantime, tell me something about you and if you have a profile on OH, please direct me there. 

I look forward to meeting pre ops and post ops and those that are just in the curiosity phase of the journal.

Be Blessed,
LaWanda

shoutjoy
on 1/28/10 8:49 pm - Culpeper, VA
Good luck in your group!  I wish I was in Florida right now.  It is a whole 3 degrees out there! lol

Clueless about weight loss and weight loss surgery of any kind.

Emily F.
on 2/7/10 9:02 am
Hi Lawanda. I don't think I'm getting all the emails. Please put me back on the list. I don't think vocational rehab is going to work out. I'm back on the self pay bandwagon. I doubt it will happen this year bc we are doing hardwood. Hubby is not very supportive; I can't control my eating now but makes me think I will do it after surgery. That kind of thinking. I keep checking these loan but all the interest rates are over 20% and that is just ridiculous. CapitalOne stopped doing their low interest card. Not sure what else is going to happen. I'm researching the mini gastric bypass now. It seems interesting.
jeannew
on 2/16/10 11:52 am
I am thinking about MGB or the sleeve. I've read everything I think that I can. I would just like to know what all of you out there think of it. Has anyone had Dr. Aceves or Dr Verboonen do one as well? I need info on if they are good for MGB. Thanks
Most Active
Recent Topics
MGP in Ontario
NAP2013 · 2 replies · 928 views
New to this
Grammy1976 · 0 replies · 1258 views
Pre-op diet
LovelyBeck · 0 replies · 2076 views