Drs. who accept insurance for mini gastric bypass. NEED HELP

Lisette R.
on 4/19/10 6:40 am - Fairbanks, AK
I am in search of a dr. who will accept insurance (aetna) for a mini gastric bypass.  Dr. Rutledge in Vegas does not accept insurance.

I have the lap band which has failed and now need the mini.  Does anyone know of any dr. that take insurance
shoutjoy
on 4/19/10 8:11 am - Culpeper, VA
Hi,

You can check the other doctors that are trained.  Also check on the discounts he gives off his website also.  Talk to his staff about payment programs etc.

Clueless about weight loss and weight loss surgery of any kind.

Lisette R.
on 4/19/10 8:38 am - Fairbanks, AK
insurance is my only options.  thanks though
lake5mm
on 4/21/10 2:05 am
I too have been looking for a doctor who accepts insurance for the MGB. But I just found out today that the only doctor in the state of MO does not accept insurance. I contacted my insurance company and they are sending to their board a request for services out of plan. Have you tried this? If they accept it I will have to pay in advance and be reimbursed. I will have to use a credit card. Not sure why these doctors will not accept any insurances. Good luck.
MsBatt
on 4/25/10 5:59 am
Have you checked with your insurance company to be certain they cover the MGB? I'm betting they don't.
Shontel Kirby
on 4/28/10 9:34 am - Wilmington, NC
I know you are in AK, but I just had mini gastric bypass yesterday, my doctor will take any insurance that approves.  My doctor only does mini bypass or lap band. let me know if you want his info.  I'm located in Wilmington, NC. The eastern coast.  Have you heard of Wrightsville beach, Carolina Beach, Myrtle Beach.  You can stay at any hotel we have great hotels, great accommodations for you and your family to be comfortable.
Lisette R.
on 4/28/10 9:40 am - Fairbanks, AK
You are a life saver.  My parents live in NC about 30 miles north of Raleigh.  Please send me your drs.  information.  That way i can start the paperwork.

How many times can I say thanki you. 
Most Active
Recent Topics
MGP in Ontario
NAP2013 · 2 replies · 928 views
New to this
Grammy1976 · 0 replies · 1258 views
Pre-op diet
LovelyBeck · 0 replies · 2076 views