It's all about today

shoutjoy
on 3/31/13 8:08 pm - Culpeper, VA

“You have such a long row to hoe to get to your goal. Here's how to be a great farmer.”

You want to lose a large amount of weight, or start a project that will take you months if not years to complete. How do you keep motivated to have the results you want when your projected time frame is over? Someone very smart once said, "We make plans and God laughs." Who knows what will come your way a year from now, a month from now, next week, or even tomorrow. Today is what is important. Not for what it will bring you in the future, but how it makes you feel today: empowered, inspired, confident that tomorrow you'll be able to continue the pattern. Start with today and prove to yourself all that can happen in that small field of time.

Clueless about weight loss and weight loss surgery of any kind.

destiny599
on 4/6/13 11:43 am - Kissimmee, FL

You know I had my surgery in 1998 and lost 151 lbs in 9 months.  In 2005 I had a baby and couldn't lose the baby weight, so in 2007 I had a revision.  Now we are in 2013 and I have been suffering with depression and because of the combination of medication and fallen back on bad habits I'm weighing in on 155 and have not been able to lose an ounce.  But your words have really touched me.  It's true we don't know whats going to happen tomorrow only thing we know is what's happening in the moment.  Thanks for some inspirational words.

My name is Estee I live in Kissimmee, FL and haven't found a support group in this area.  Hope to talk to you again.

shoutjoy
on 4/6/13 7:13 pm - Culpeper, VA

Hi,

Sometimes we need more support than a support group.  You may want to consider finding a Life Coach. They are really good at helping by providing tools to use when things get rough.  Also maybe getting into something like Yoga or some kind of meditation group that will help you center and acknowledge yourself for who you are and be happy with who you are.  If you could find a Mindfulness group, that would be good. It is not religions based by any means but it helps you know yourself in a more positive way.  Think about it, ok?

Huugzzzz  

Clueless about weight loss and weight loss surgery of any kind.

destiny599
on 4/7/13 9:25 am - Kissimmee, FL
Hi,
I appreciate u reaching out to a perfect stressed stranger. Definitely will consider ur recommendations. Life couch I had never thought about but probably could be better than my therapist that just listens to me complain about how terrible I feel about my life. The mindfulness group I had never heard about, but definitely will check them out.

Thanks ill keep in touch n tell u how its been going!

Xoxo

Estee
Most Active
Recent Topics
MGP in Ontario
NAP2013 · 2 replies · 927 views
New to this
Grammy1976 · 0 replies · 1257 views
Pre-op diet
LovelyBeck · 0 replies · 2075 views