DeafNatural
on 3/19/14 1:10 pm, edited 3/19/14 1:25 pm - Winter Haven
RNY on 08/06/14

My employer is offering a pilot program through our health care provider in which I can choose the MGB, RNY or the Lap-Band. I am in the process of narrowing down between MGB and RNY surgery. If I choose MGB, I have to go with Dr. Peraglie out of Davenport, FL. If I choose RNY I can pick anyone I want as long as they are at a Center of Excellence. I would like to hear from those who have had the MGB specifically with Dr. Peraglie. I want to hear the straight up truth about your surgery and results doesn't matter if you think MGB was the greatest thing to ever happen to you or the worst thing ever. I really want to go into this decision not only having the scientific facts but the patient testimonials as well because after care is just as important as the surgery.

shoutjoy
on 3/25/14 7:03 pm - Culpeper, VA

Hello,

I had the MGB 14 years ago and would do it again in a heart beat.  I am one of the many success stories.  You will find both as you explore different methods.  I wish every procedure was a whopping success.  Anyway, the MGB is extremely powerful.  This is due to the amount of small intestines that is bypassed.  The minimum is six feet.  I know Dr. Peraglie was trained by the master himself in this procedure.  You will find tons of YouTube videos that will answer many of your questions.  Just search for Dr. Rutledge videos.  

The ultimate decision is yours, of course.  I'm sure you will make the right choice for you.

Clueless about weight loss and weight loss surgery of any kind.

donnamaria56
on 5/19/14 1:42 am

Good morning I had MGB with Dr.Peraglie I am 6 months post op and doing great!!! I feel like  a whole different person.I am so excited about this journey with Dr.Peraglie and Flo you can not lose anything but weight :) . If you need anyone to talk to about it email me please !! I started on day of surgery at 253 (was 268 when starting paper work) I am noe 189to 190 .I need to skip scale a day lol . My BP is back to better than normal ,asthma gone,cholsterol back to normal!!!

Most Active
Recent Topics
MGP in Ontario
NAP2013 · 2 replies · 900 views
New to this
Grammy1976 · 0 replies · 1233 views
Pre-op diet
LovelyBeck · 0 replies · 2050 views