Sleeve to MGB Low BMI

band07sleeve13
on 3/8/15 3:44 am

I've been researching options for resleeving but one of the docs I had narrowed it down too believes MGB to be the best option as opposed to resleeving.  I had NEVER considered such a thing though I guess it doesn't hurt to do some research. Here's the thing, I weigh about 175 lbs, I'm very happy around 150, my sleeve is definitely not working at all, I fight everyday to stay where I'm at but I've gained 10lbs over the last few months.  Is this surgery too severe for a lower BMI patient?  

Appleshaped
on 6/1/15 8:48 am

I am looking into the same thing. Looking at Dr. Elias Ortiz.

band07sleeve13
on 6/1/15 11:54 am

I had a revision to MGB on 4/23.  Recovery was rough but only because I ended up dehydrated and also got pneumonia in both lungs.  I'll be 6 weeks on Thursday and I'm doing great now ! Iv lost 22 lbs so it's slow going but that okay, I'm only 20/25 lbs from my goal weight now. Iv heard good things about Oritz, I had a great experience with Rodriguez for the most part.  He is more expensive though but I stayed the whole time in the hospital.  

Appleshaped
on 6/1/15 5:02 am

How much was Rodriguez?

erjinx
on 11/18/15 4:29 pm

i am going into Ortiz for a mgb with sleeve redo on 11/24 15.  I am very excited 

AmandaPiper
on 3/25/16 1:38 pm

Are you talking about Dr. Ortiz with ALM?  If so, how is your progress?  I just scheduled a date with him in July to revise from a sleeve to an MGB.  I have had a hard time finding a lot of information on the mgb.  Can you please tell me about your experience?

Thanks,

Amanda

(deactivated member)
on 9/22/18 3:23 pm

Hi,

I am planning to go to a revision from vsg to mgb. Did you have the same type of revision?

Could you share your experiences after surgery? How was your doctor & location?, Are you happy with the results?. HOw was your recovery.

Tks & Regards Pedruel

band07sleeve13
on 6/1/15 12:05 pm

I paid $7995 put half down and in house financed the rest.  

j121walker
on 9/24/15 2:17 am

I am looking for the same information, Thank you.

band07sleeve13
on 9/24/15 7:06 am

I'm 5 months out as of yesterday from my sleeve to MGB, so far so good, about 10 lbs from goal but honestly I haven't tried at all to lose and have been guilty of letting the surgery do all the work.  I am very active though and I do run a few times a week and average at least 10k steps per day.  I would be happy to answer questions if you have any.  Good luck to you!

Most Active
Recent Topics
MGP in Ontario
NAP2013 · 2 replies · 904 views
New to this
Grammy1976 · 0 replies · 1238 views
Pre-op diet
LovelyBeck · 0 replies · 2054 views