Cool, thanks so much!

Mini Gadget
on 9/9/05 7:24 pm - MN
I don't know if there are any others out there with this type of surgery but I would love to talk to anyone that has. I will be two years post op in November. Thanks, Bridget
dirtbikecheermom
on 9/10/05 3:09 am - Greenwood, LA
Hi Bridget, What exactly is a mini gastric bypass? I can't believe with all the research I have done I have missed this. Thanks in advance for your reply... Jc
shoutjoy
on 9/28/05 11:23 pm - Culpeper, VA
Hi JC Well, go to http://clos.net and read about it. It is similar to the Rou-N-Y but doesn't have the "Y" connection. When you look at it, it looks like a simplistic procedure. Paula
shoutjoy
on 9/26/05 10:50 pm - Culpeper, VA
Hello, I am over five years out. I have broken away from the "cliche" and having so much fun on the OH site. I have been active in their leadership training courses as well as with the Bariatric Support Centers Interational training courses. I really feel there is a need for more support than what is offered through CLOS. Getting a foot in the door is difficult. So, I am very happy to meet you!! Paula
(deactivated member)
on 9/28/05 7:48 pm - Canada
Hi Bridget I had the MGB by a CLOS surgeon 6 weeks ago. I'd be happy to share my experience with you... Kim Nash
shoutjoy
on 9/28/05 11:25 pm - Culpeper, VA
Hi Kim! Congrats on your new life. Six weeks how cool! Keep us posted on your journey ok? Paula
Zakiya
on 10/1/05 5:13 am - Over-the-rainbow, OH
Hey Kim, I am scheduled for surgery on October 18, with Dr. Dasher. I am curious why they sent you to NC and not to where Dr. Rutledge is currently working? hope your recovery goes well Soulsister in Apalachia ZZ
shoutjoy
on 11/2/05 10:06 pm - Culpeper, VA
Well, because that is where Dr. R was at the time. He was living in Chapel Hill, working at the Durham Regional Hospital. From there he worked in Statesville, then eventually moved to California. Paula
(deactivated member)
on 11/16/05 12:17 am - Canada
Sorry for not getting back to you... I couldn't figure how to get back on. How did your surgery go??? Dr. Dasher is really quite a surgeon... I was impressed. I was originally going to have surgery in Bay City since that's closest to my home, but the surgeon there asked that I see one of the more experienced surgeons, so I chose Dr. Dasher in North Carolina. It was a nice vacation spot! Let me know how you made out! hugs Kim
Bonnie P.
on 9/30/05 10:39 pm - Colorado Springs, CO
Hi. I'm 4 1/2 years post op. I had my surgery in Durham, Feb 2001 with Dr. Rutledge. I haven't lost all the weight I wanted. He said my body would level off to where it needed to be, but sometimes I think maybe I need a revision or I should just get off my butt and exercise some more. I do go to the gym every day to try and get this last 50 pounds off. That won't make me "skinny" by any means, but it will put me to where I will be ready for the skin removal surgeries. How are you doing with your weight loss? Bonnie
Most Active
Recent Topics
MGP in Ontario
NAP2013 · 2 replies · 905 views
New to this
Grammy1976 · 0 replies · 1238 views
Pre-op diet
LovelyBeck · 0 replies · 2057 views