The Village

Trisha W.
on 8/1/04 12:11 am - Lakewood, Oh
I saw this movie on July 30th. It was a very good movie, just not what the commericals for it made it out to be. I was expecting a horror movie. Trisha
lilkim2180
on 8/4/04 6:04 am - Eastern LI, NY
OK, well that helps me, because i was afraid *LOL* to see it! what is it exactlly about? -KIM
Trisha W.
on 8/4/04 2:07 pm - Lakewood, Oh
Hello Kim, The movie is about a group of people who have lost loved ones to crime , so they move their remaining family memebers out in the middle of a park sanctuary and they live like back in the earily 1800's or something like that. To keep everyone in the village they make up stories of monsters who live in the woods to keep the younger generation in the village. I donot do this movie justice, it really was a good movie. I am just a real horror fan, I love to be scared.LOL I also go to the movies alot. I am looking forward to Blade 3 and Andaconda's Alos have you seen the scene's for ladder 49 I think its is called. That looks to be a great movie as well. Take Care, Trisha
Ms. T.
on 8/12/04 9:32 am - So.Cal, CA
I am a really big M. Night fan and I was a little disappointed with this movie. It was a little predictable and the story line was tepid, but it aws entertaining nontheless. I enjoyed Signs so much more. It's still worth the $9.00 though.
Trisha
on 12/11/04 6:53 am - Glendale, AZ
Sorry to be replying to OLD posts, but there's no new posts on this board. Anyway, I was VERY disappointed at The Village. I guess since M's work on Sixth Sense I expect every one of his movies to have the same intensity and shock value, but his last couple of movies have missed the mark. I am no longer a fan of his. I thought the plot to The Village was STUPID and the ending was anti-climatic. I did love Ron Howard's daughter in this film though. She is awesome! Very talented. I see big things in her future!
Jen G.
on 3/29/05 1:33 am
I agree - I was so disappointed in this movie. I really was expecting something totally different. It's an interesting concept but not scary movie type. jen
Most Active
Recent Topics
Seriously? Seriously....
Selendrile · 0 replies · 556 views
Hey Guys...
nitengale · 0 replies · 420 views
Brokeback Mountain
Pamela E. · 3 replies · 461 views
Brokeback Mountain?
LauraSlidell · 2 replies · 479 views