Who is your favorite Artist?

Tara M.
on 7/23/04 7:22 pm - Birmingham, AL
I love Salvador Dali and have since i was a kid (weird I know). I collect Litiographs of his. I love the Surrealist artists. Of the alive and well artist I like Mark Ryden. Anybody else got any favorites? I love all types of art though. I teach it to elementary age kids and love to see them get excited about it. Im currently trying to illistrate children's books but it is a hard industry to get into. Thanks. Tara
Becky F
on 7/26/04 8:17 am - Woodstock, GA
My favorites include: Mary Cassatt, Berthe Marisot, Claude Monet, Vassily Kandinsky, and Paul Klee. I don't know what this says about me. I'm a teacher too! I teach kindergarten. You ARE an artist. I APPRECIATE art! Becky
Tara M.
on 7/26/04 12:52 pm - Birmingham, AL
It says that you are an elementary teacher (my best friend is a kindergarden teacher and I have nothing but respect for you guys). Most of those artists you like used bright colors and did beautiful works. Vassily is one of my favorite from the Abstract. He had some really cool stuff. Klee is one of the better of the Expressionalist too. His stuff all seemed to look different from one painting to the next. Cassatt and Monet had similar impressionistic styles. You've got good taste Tara
Julie Froggerfly
on 6/23/05 1:23 pm - Tucson, AZ
Wow, my answer is really delayed here. My favorite of all time is Pierre Auguste Renoir. I also like Camille Pissaro and Berthe Moriset. Mary Cassatt isn't too shabby either.
(deactivated member)
on 8/2/05 12:23 pm - AL
I LOVE Mark Ryden, and I love Misery, Fafi, and erotic "pop" art Sorry for the outdated response! Beth
Just Me
on 1/31/06 1:33 pm - Happy Place, TN
Van Gogh (Starry Night over the Rhone and the more easily recognized Starry Night ) Picasso (Red Arm Chair / Bull Fight / Guernica) Matisse abstracts I enjoy visiting museums.... I think it is nice we have this forum on the board... wouldn't life be more graceful if we weren't concerned about food/weight and could enjoy life's bounty and riches much more?
Monica P.
on 3/20/06 2:57 am - Long Beach, CA
RNY on 07/19/07 with
Degas - for his portrayal of dancers and perfromers in the theater Rembrandt - for his life-like portraits that draw you into the subject of the painting Matisse - for his brilliant use of color Vermeer - for his use of light and shadow and his intimate portraits of his daughter reading those letters...I always feel like I'm spying in on a private moment.
Most Active
Recent Topics