Back to the stage!

femprodrum
on 2/5/05 12:48 am - San Jose, CA
Hi All! I had surgery on Jannuary 11, 2005 and have not played drums since the weekend before surgery. We got a gig on Fedruay 12 so I get to test out the "new" body. My incisions have all healed and I'm feeling stronger. I've lost 21 lbs so far. And by the way, the dr said I can go back to lifting as of 2/08/2005. I wish the band could have held off about 2 more weeks but I agreed to play! So lets keep our fingers crossed everything goes well! Kelly
davenalee
on 2/6/05 6:52 pm - Dushore, PA
Kelly~ Congrats on surgery and weight-loss!!! Do you do any singing at all? And if so, how has the wls affected your breathing? I have a concert scheduled on the 19th&20th and my surgery is on the 11th(MOVED-UP FROM THE 24TH). The surgeon's office assures me I should be fine;however, them not being singers themselves makes me question thier assurances. Any input would be helpful. Thanks! Davena
Marcy B.
on 2/7/05 12:51 am - West Bloomfield, MI
Davena: I was able to lead worship services for High Holy Days as a Cantorial soloist at my synagogue after 5 weeks post op. I was able to sing with decent breath support- in the hospital after my surgery. You have to give your body a chance to heal, especially owing to the fact that you have had surgery which effects the very muscles you use to support the tone. Just pace yourself...and sing pretty. What kind of singing do you do? Marcy
sweetaim2
on 3/30/05 6:32 am - Monmouth Junction, NJ
Davena, I was very concern about that too....my issue right now is how dry I get after singing just one song. I'm 9 weeks out & I just did a caberat for a fund raiser, I was exhausted. It can only get better right?
Most Active