Recent Posts

lili6
on 2/16/13 2:03 pm - NJ
Topic: Singing Post-Op

Hello ~ Seeking advice from other singers on singing post-op please.  I had bypass surgery 3 weeks ago, after 2 week I did a 45 min showcase and was dizzy afterwards.  A week later I did 2 sets and got really exhausted toward the end of the 2nd set.  Tonight I did another 2-set gig and had to sit through most of the 2nd set.

I remember the Dr. saying your diaphragm gets bruised in surgery but he told me I should be ok to sing after 2weeks.  Now I'm thinking I shouldn't have committed so soon because I'm having a hard time.  Anyone want to share their experience and advice with me?  Please tell me this gets better, singing is part of my livelihood so I'm really concerned right now.

Thanks a lot :)

Brazilnut2
on 8/21/11 1:47 pm - TN
Topic: RE: Hey...anybody out there in musicianland??????
Any other WLS clarinetists out there? I am an active player in a couple of ensembles and I also teach privately. I've been far too large for far too long...to play such a skinny instrument!
jdempsie
on 10/8/08 10:27 am - KY
Topic: RE: Any Sweet Adelines out here?
Hello!!!  I am with Pride of Kentucky Chorus & am having surgery on 10/28...after our show of course! 
acappellamom
on 5/23/07 1:00 pm - NJ
Topic: RE: Any Sweet Adelines out here?
Check out the sweet adelines international singers website. I'm too spazz to type in the link : ( If you type in the words you should be able to find it. The site can help you find a chorus that's near you. I hope you find one and check it out!! It has kept me from losing my mind - and given me a reason to get out of the house. Its much more exciting than the church choir. I'm not knocking the church choir! I'm in that too. Its just nice to mix it up a bit. Let me know if you find anything! Jean
acappellamom
on 5/23/07 12:50 pm - NJ
Topic: RE: Sweet Adeline looking for "barber shoppers"
Hi Sharon! I'm an addie! I sing with Hickory Tree chorus in New Providence NJ. Used to sing bari, now I sing lead. We're going to Hawaii 10/08 - gotta slim down to get into the airplane seat! I also sing in a quartet - True Blues. We competed last year - came in 6th, won the novice award : ) Sorry I'm not in your area. Have you checked out the sweet adelines international singers website? You could locate a chorus near you. Jean
kevphill
on 1/22/07 1:23 am - MI
Topic: RE: Any sax lovers/players here?
Me. I'm a free-lance player here in Detroit. kp
Sweety
on 9/9/06 9:13 pm - Cairo, GA
Hey, Latrice. You are the only response I have received on the barber shop singing. I started out singing bass but changed to baritone - I do miss performing as it was a lot of fun. Take Care!
treece
on 9/9/06 2:24 pm
Hey there, I used to be in a barbershop choir - St. Louis Harmony.. it's been a while though. I know this is an older post, but my first visit to this forum. I wish I lived close to you, I used to sing bass. It was so much fun performing. My first time out we won a regional competition.. it was like in 95 though. Did you ever get a group together? I have some singing on my page if you wanna have a listen.
G. Daddy
on 5/8/06 3:49 am - San Gabriel, CA
Topic: RE: Need Lead Guitar & bass in New Country Music Band /nc
Hi - hope you find someone quick! I'm in SoCal so can't really help... but man.. I've been looking for a "good" country band for years... would prolly quit my other band for the right situation! Anyway... Good luck to your daughter - C h e e r s, gene
Most Active