hi i'm new here

iceveela
on 5/20/06 5:57 am - manassis, MD
i learned to knit a couple of months ago .i learned olny a day after i got my knitting kit.it's frustrating(i hope i spelled that right)when i started.and i wasnt very good i went on here to meet knitters.cause its boring to not find anyone to talk to that likes knitting like i do.so i wish i'll meet new friends here. ~mikey~
sallyj
on 5/22/06 4:34 am - Spokane, WA
Dear Mikey, Welcome to the board and to knitting. I learned to knit as a teen but didn't do much with it until just recently. I have found knitting a great tool for keeping my hands and mind busy at night. It even helps me chew more thoroughly--I get a rhythm going with the teeth and needles in sinc! What did you start with? Around here the felted bags are a big hit. I prefer knitting with smaller needles (a size 7 seems big to me!), so I do more sweaters and socks. There's a lady in my knitting group that likes the big needles, so I am going to knit a sweater for her daughter and she is going to knit a couple of purses for me. You might check around your town for a local yarn shop that has a knitting group. the one here meets on Thursday nights since that's the day the store stays open until 8:00 anyway. It is nice to have someone to help when you run into something unfamiliar--and just to talk to. Keep in touch and keep on knitting! Sally
Most Active
Recent Topics
Question for crocheters...
patriotmom · 1 replies · 591 views
knitter/crocheter/spindler
bevsyarncrazy · 1 replies · 570 views
New to this board!
hotmamawannab · 0 replies · 515 views
Hello Ladies ;-)
Babe_Magnet · 0 replies · 493 views