new poster,loves crochet and cross-stitch,

John L.
on 11/17/06 4:53 am - camberley, UK
this is the first time i have logged into this site and i think it is a great idea to get everyone to share their ideas for these sorts of things to help pass the time of day, i am from the U.K. and am awaiting the medics to decide if surgery is the best way forward for me due to my other medical complaints,(I suffered a pulmonary embolism and have to use a ventilator every night, and this is what is holding up the medics ) whils awaiting their deliberations i have been passing the time crocheting ponchos and blankets for the local childrens home and also cross-stitching all of my familys birthday,anniversary and christmas cards. hope that i can keep on with my hobbies as my hand movements are becoming stiff and i get cramp in my left hand a lot, this tends to affect my crochet more than the cross stitch.
sallyj
on 1/2/07 4:04 am - Spokane, WA
Dear John, I know it has been awhile since you posted, but I don't check this board very often. I hope you have found out if you will be doing the surgery. I know it has made a lot of difference for me. I used to crochet quite a bit but had to give it up because of arthritis in my hands. I do knit now and find it very useful in helping me eat slower--don't want to put things down--and giving me something to do besides eat at night. Good luck with everything, Sally
Most Active
Recent Topics
Question for crocheters...
patriotmom · 1 replies · 591 views
knitter/crocheter/spindler
bevsyarncrazy · 1 replies · 570 views
New to this board!
hotmamawannab · 0 replies · 515 views
Hello Ladies ;-)
Babe_Magnet · 0 replies · 493 views