So happy I found this board!

kmvanvliet
on 1/14/08 11:40 pm - Manchester, NH
I love to knit. My Mom taught me when I was about 8 years old -- made lots of slippers back then. I didn't knit for many years after that. But about 15 years ago, I started up again. In addition to the relaxation it provides me, it stopped me from munching in front of the tv -- who wants to work with those beautiful yarns with sticky/crumby hands?!?!? I always knitted for others - babies on the way, husband, children. Now I'm actually making a sweater for ME, and it's a ladies medium. I'm not quite in that size yet, but I should be by the time it's finished. It's a zip-up jacket with pockets in a medium blue. I'm using Brown Sheep wool. It's going to be very heavy and warm, which will be great because I'm always cold since I've had the surgery. I prefer working with wool. I also like to make socks. And, in the last couple of years, I also discovered that I love working on wooden needles instead of the metal or plastic. I knit all year long, even on hot summer days. It's a great thing to do while watching the Red Sox. Other than baseball, I'm not much of a tv watcher, so if I do watch tv, knitting at the same time makes me feel that I'm not wasting my time in front of the boob tube!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Question for crocheters...
patriotmom · 1 replies · 591 views
knitter/crocheter/spindler
bevsyarncrazy · 1 replies · 570 views
New to this board!
hotmamawannab · 0 replies · 515 views
Hello Ladies ;-)
Babe_Magnet · 0 replies · 493 views