Weekend knitting accomplished?

sallyj
on 4/2/06 10:46 pm - Spokane, WA
What did everyone get accomplished this weekend in their knitting? I managed to finish my monthly socks--the goal is one pair a month--and even had good looking toe grafting. This month I will work on a pair that I actually intend to give to our local dog park association along with a matching dog sweater for their fundraising auction. I might have to make an extra pair to keep for myself! It will be my first pair that I do colorwork with, so I will have to be very careful with the stranding. I am still waiting for my light green bamboo yarn that I ordered from my local yarn shop, so I've started another sweater. This one is pea green (yes, I like green) and knit from side to side rather than from bottom to top. It has seven bands of different stitches so is full of knit through back loop, skip first stitch and knit the second then come back and knit the first, etc. So it gave me a slow start. But now I don't even need the charts except for the cabled band. I did figure out that about 1 and 1/2 inches up that I had been knitting on one #5 needle and one #6 needle! I didn't want to rip it all out, so just switched back to what I should have (#6) and kept going. The gauge doesn't look that different, so I'll just pretend it never happened! With this kind of sweater construction, it doesn't seem like the gauge is as important. It would just make the sweater a bit longer. I'm using Rowan's Cashsoft and really like the feel of it. A very soft yarn which works well to keep all the patterns "drapy." Thus was my knitting weekend. Sally
yakypakrat
on 4/5/06 4:28 pm - Edina, MN
Hey Sally, I found a cool yarn shop in Duluth near the North Shore I am going to visit it when I am there for my birthday this coming weekend. I am back sliding on my knitting Mary
sallyj
on 4/5/06 11:52 pm - Spokane, WA
First off, HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I love finding great yarn shops. I just want to pet everything. My local yarn shop is very nice but it's stock is limited. I try to buy some of my yarn there, but I simply can't pass up on all the gorgeous yarn that I see online. I'm about halfway through the back of my green sweater, but received the yarn for the Sunrise Circle jacket yesterday. It is a blue tweedy yarn that is bigger than I usually use, but it looks like it will work up nicely. I haven't started my April socks yet, but need to soon if I'm going to stay on track. I have the yarn and pattern picked out, so just need to get on it. Sally
yakypakrat
on 4/6/06 9:39 am - Edina, MN
Hey Sally, Thank you for the birthday wishes!! I think this yarn shop should be interesting--it is off the highway in a house. They are using their garage as the store My husband won't complain since it is my birthday and I always get to do whatever I want on my birthday I'm going to that shop! Mary
Most Active
Recent Topics
Question for crocheters...
patriotmom · 1 replies · 592 views
knitter/crocheter/spindler
bevsyarncrazy · 1 replies · 571 views
New to this board!
hotmamawannab · 0 replies · 516 views
Hello Ladies ;-)
Babe_Magnet · 0 replies · 495 views