MRI results.. AMEN.. finally...

Future Legend
on 9/12/08 5:42 am - SC
Bulging disc.. weird.  I was wondering what was causing me so much pain.. now I know.

Ok.. order for pt above and beyond what I've been doing with Andrew.  He works with people with injuries so he takes me through pt routines.  I got a couple of months of that.. then referral to a neurosurgeon (yea.. fat chance)..  LOL  I have a LOW tolerance for pain!

Welp... I've been working out through this and lost 100 lbs... and I'm gonna keep working out through it and try to put it on ignore until I hit my goal weight!  :)
Janine P.
on 9/12/08 6:45 am - Long Island, NY
At least you know what it is now.

Janine   Me on Youtube 

(deactivated member)
on 9/12/08 7:36 am
Lori:
Um you must have a HIGH tolerance for pain if you've been living with and working out with a bulging disc.  Good lord woman, go get some pain meds or somethin'! 
Future Legend
on 9/12/08 7:52 am - SC
I get all I want.. but I sorta don't want 'em.  First, I like 'em too much - well.. I like anything which takes me out of myself a little too much.  Second, they inhibit weight loss and is one of the causes of the rapid fluid gain.  I also get xanax which is supposed to raise my stress tolerance which in turn lowers my blood sugar - but again..  WOMP.  Instead of 1 three x a day, I'll take 6 three times a day.  So right now my blood sugar is getting a little out of hand BUT I'm 26 lbs from my original goal weight! 

So, I'll keep hittin' the bayer aspirin..   once in a while I hit a 50 mg demerol out of desperation.. (I have plenty of refills of hydrocodone if I truly can't take it) do the pt.. and see if that fixes it! :)

I'm just glad to know that me losing use of my left side from butt to ankle isn't my imagination.

Ruth Shapovalov
on 9/13/08 12:00 am - Bothell, WA
It's sort of a relief to have our suspicions confirmed - "yeah, you SHOULD be in pain!!!"  Doesn't make it hurt less, though, does it sweety? I absolutely admire your determination to get heathy and balanced in or out of pain. Just don't hurt yourself more! Congratulations on the 100 pound mark, and on your amazing comittment to you. SO awesome. You've got a whole team on here rooting for you.

"Put it on ignore". Hmm. I've got a few situations I need to put on ignore. I like that.

Ruth aka Mom Shap
Future Legend
on 9/13/08 2:16 am - SC
The determination comes from not liking pain...

The bigger I am.. the more it's going to hurt............ that's just common sense.  lol

Yea.. there's a lot one can put on "iggy" when necessary... 
ssflbelle
on 9/14/08 8:08 am - West Palm Beach, FL
I know your pain believe me. I also have 2 bulging discs and 1 herniated disc and they are causing me problems with the L3, L4 and L5 nerves in my back.  So this Thursday I am going in for a Radio Frequnecy Neurotomy which should stop the pain.  Even though I have had this problem I too have been working out 3 days a week at Curves.  As long as I can sit down  after a stand up exercise I am fine.  I am hoping and praying that this procedure will allow me to do away with the scooter and I may even be able to walk again without the use of the 2 canes. I also hope I will be able to continue at Curves without any pain and get a better work out. 
Do you have a pain manamgement Dr?  If so,  you might  ask him if this procedure would be right for you.  Good luck and please keep us posted on your progress. Here is a video that explains what will be done to me on Thursday.

http://www.spine-health.com/video/lumbar-radiofrequency-neurotomy-video

Amanda    Surgery was 1/26/2016 Surgery Weight  314   Highest Weight 497

lost  183 pounds before surgery

Future Legend
on 9/14/08 8:23 am - SC
Wow.. I'm so sorry you are going through all this..  by the grace of God this treatment you'll be getting will offer you some relief!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello
sele444 · 0 replies · 337 views
Here's how to lose 5 Pounds a Day!
Siam · 0 replies · 465 views
Hi all
Traleen · 1 replies · 674 views
Plant Based
ebonymc2 · 1 replies · 886 views