It's Official

DebColCam
on 8/12/12 8:47 pm - Canada
I am an emotional eater! Hubby and I have difficult time dealing with his ailing parents. My MIL and I never see eye to eye and FIL made it through heart surgery only to now end up in mental health center. His mind and thinking hasn't been right since his surgery. Since Friday it's become clear to hubby and I that we need to get some counselling around family issues. And that I definitely eat my emotions. Last time we went through this I reached my highest weight of 288 and was likely quite depressed myself. I could see myself heading in that direction again. I have an appt with my PCP this Tues. See if she can help point hubby towards finding a family counsellor. Of course PMS right now isn't helping. Lol lol. Will post again soon. I want to find someone to help with my food issues too!
(deactivated member)
on 8/24/12 3:59 pm - Canada
Hi DebColCam

I too am a emotional eater. The best thing is realizing you are and that is the first step towards recovery. I see you live in Canada. Where do you live? Im in Winnipeg, MB.
The link below is a resource centre in Ontario. You probably can contact them to give any info about counselors who deal directly with eating disorders, which emotional eating is part of.

http://nedic.ca/

Good luck!

Linda
DebColCam
on 8/25/12 9:12 pm - Canada
Ty for your reply Linda. I am in small town in Ontario. Just north of Barrie. I will check the link out. Ty for posting. Trying to get this board to be a little more active. Hope you will come bk and share again. Tks Deb
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello
sele444 · 0 replies · 357 views
Here's how to lose 5 Pounds a Day!
Siam · 0 replies · 481 views
Hi all
Traleen · 1 replies · 689 views
Plant Based
ebonymc2 · 1 replies · 906 views