Adding Exercise

DebColCam
on 8/28/12 1:25 pm - Canada
Today I decided that it was time to get moving again! I rejoined curves today! I had been away from there for a year and after two surgeries to remove glands under my arms I went bk today. I was hesitating because if $ BUT I can't afford not too. Got to get moving hope to improve my blood sugars. Felt good to go bk I was able to do the circuit and still know some of the faces. This week I am working on getting Tammys tasty breakie shakes in me. And following a Volumetrics food plan. I was finding the low carb plan difficult to stay on so I am really shaking things up a bit. Also trying to food journal with my fitness pal. Have a great wk all and don't be too shy to check in and say hi !
gardeninggal
on 8/28/12 4:48 pm - Midland, Canada
 Good for you on re-joining Curves!  I plan to go too once I am able to after my surgery of Sept. 4th.  I used to go with a friend but.....you know how it goes.  Exercise was never a priority and holding down the fort with two kids and a job it was on the bottom of the list.  Now I know that exercise is so important and has to take priority for all the right reasons.  I give you great credit and keep up the great work.  There are so many great people on this site and the forums are great for ideas and enthusiasm.  Have a great long weekend :)  Nancy

DebColCam
on 8/28/12 8:47 pm - Canada
Hi Nancy perhaps you and I will meet at curves someday. Such a small town we live in. We have probably crossed paths many times before. Wishing you all the best with your up coming WLS you are a very courageous lady! I read the Ontario WLS forum daily because I find that I still learn lot of useful info. Stories inspire and motivate me. I will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers neighbor.
gardeninggal
on 8/29/12 5:49 am - Midland, Canada
 Hi Deb:  Yes I was thinking the same thing about meeting up someday or even that we have probably crossed paths in our little town.  I think this is a great site for inspiration and information to keep motivated whatever your choice of weight less or health goal is.  I don't know about the courageious part though.  I have tried for so many years to get down to a healthy weight and here I am, in line for a surgical intervention.

If I haven't mentioned I turned 62 this summer and have just made it under the age 60 ish cutoff for surgery so the surgeon said.  Because I do not have co-morbidities, only controlled high blood pressure, I was a good candidate.  So I feel that it is meant to be for me as it is my only chance and I welcome it with open arms.  It is a second chance to have weight loss success and be around for a while longer.  My mother died of complications after a heart attack.  She had kidney failure and was on dialysis for nearly 4 years and had diabetes previous to her heart attack.   She was 63 so I have to remember that and try to be pro-active.  I miss her every day even though she has been gone for over 20 years.  Take good care of yourself and thanks for your thoughts.  Nancy 

(deactivated member)
on 8/28/12 6:43 pm - Canada
Good for you rejoining Curves. I enjoyed it when I had my membership...such a comfortable and non-judgemental place to exercise.

I changed my shake a bit and I am having 3/4 cup greek yogurt and leaving out the cottage cheese...I couldn't get used to the taste. Plus I have cottage cheese and fruit for lunch so it was cottage cheese overload.

And I treated myself (and hubby) to 24oz Trevis tumblers at Bed Bath & Beyond for our breakfast smoothies this weekend . Sometimes things just taste better in pretty dishes.

Will check back in with all of you tomorrow for Hump Day Weigh In.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello
sele444 · 0 replies · 357 views
Here's how to lose 5 Pounds a Day!
Siam · 0 replies · 481 views
Hi all
Traleen · 1 replies · 689 views
Plant Based
ebonymc2 · 1 replies · 906 views