Yummy Breakfast!

DebColCam
on 9/20/12 7:42 am - Canada
Good morning all. I tried my mixture of hemp hearts, chia seeds and ka****his am. I used 2 tablespoons of the seeds soaked in 1/4 cup milk for about 1/2 hr. Then I add my envelope of 100% Quaker instant oats with 1/2cup H2O micro for a min. Sprinkled with cinnamon broen sugar splenda and Voila! It was delicious! Nutty crunchy flavor and texture. Way better then just the oats. Only things is I don't know how to add it to my calorie counts on my fitness pal. Do you have any ideas on that? Also I found lots of info on line about these ingredients. Very interesting reading. Deb
DebColCam
on 9/20/12 7:45 am - Canada
That's suppose to be the smilely green face up there! Fingers are too big for my iPhone lol.
Big_blue_eyes
on 9/20/12 8:44 am - Canada
According to the website Holy Crap breakfast cereal contains all natural ingredients (no GMO): organic chia, organic hulled hemp hearts, organic buckwheat, organic cranberries, organic raisins, organic apple bits, organic cinnamon which means it has more ingredients than you added.  Here is the nutritional info for the Holy Crap
Nutrition Facts Per 2 Tablespoons (28g) Amount % Daily value
Calories 130  
Fats 6 g 9%
Saturated 1 g 5%
Omega-6 2 g  
Omega-3 2.5 g  
Monounsaturated 0.7 g  
Cholesterol 0 mg  
Sodium   0%
Carbohydrate 12 g 4%
Fibre 4 g 16%
Sugars 3 g  
Protein 6 g  
Vitamin A   0%
Vitamin C   0%
Calcium   6%
Iron   10%

Winifred

DebColCam
on 9/20/12 9:23 am - Canada
Thank you Winifred looks like mine would be a little less calories. I could guestimate with this info. I used organic stuff.
(deactivated member)
on 9/20/12 10:54 am - Canada
It's surprisingly tasty for something so healthy. Who knew!?

Just a word of caution...when you break wind in the next day or two, you don't want to be around people!   You may want to blame the dog!

Tammy
DebColCam
on 9/20/12 6:11 pm - Canada
Lol thanks for th input. Hubby and I always blame our 3 legged pug Murphy. Pugs pass a lot of gas!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello
sele444 · 0 replies · 344 views
Here's how to lose 5 Pounds a Day!
Siam · 0 replies · 469 views
Hi all
Traleen · 1 replies · 677 views
Plant Based
ebonymc2 · 1 replies · 892 views