Happy Thanksgiving Canada

DebColCam
on 10/6/12 2:27 am - Canada
Well I already know that this weekend will be tough to stay on track. Dinners and b day parties started yesterday. Food everywhere. My goal for this weekend is to keep water handy at all times, make sure I get my breakie smoothie in and be mindful of what I put in my mouth at gatherings. Another good practice would be to eat slow. Starting tomorrow my hubby starts holidays for 10 days we will be completely off our routine. Hoping to get a couple of end of the season bike rides in. Have a great weekend all. Deb
(deactivated member)
on 10/6/12 4:43 am - Canada

Happy Thanksgiving to you as well!

I started with baking today for the first time since starting my program in April. Thank goodness the pumpkin bran muffins with raisins are "healthy". The apple streusel cheesecake squares are my treat for tomorrow then the rest are being given away.

Tomorrow's turkey dinner will be a challenge but we're not having potatoes or gravy so that temptation is gone. I have made homemade cranberry sauce (cranberries, dates, apple and some water). My one indulgence will be low sodium stove top stuffing. But I only bought one box so there won't be lots of it for me and hubby. Carrots, sweet potatoes and butternut squash casserole will be our side dishes. Lots of orange...so lots of good stuff for us!

Good advice to have the bottle of water handy and to eat slowly. Put that fork down between bites! It really does work.

Enjoy the weekend! And don't beat yourself up if you fall off the wagon. Go for a nice walk and enjoy the fall colours.

Tammy

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello
sele444 · 0 replies · 344 views
Here's how to lose 5 Pounds a Day!
Siam · 0 replies · 469 views
Hi all
Traleen · 1 replies · 677 views
Plant Based
ebonymc2 · 1 replies · 892 views