Thinking !!!

DebColCam
on 10/22/12 3:43 pm - Canada
That I made the tight decision to continue with the non surgical approach to weight loss. I have been reading the surgical forums since April. I explored Bariatric surgery and read all the books I could get my hands on. Whenever I read about successful WLS and see big losses I think maybe I should have done it but after reading for a few months I see a good # of surgery people suffering from other aches pains ailments and more surgical interventions. I couldn't live like that! I would have huge anxiety! Weight loss is hard enough. It's slow this way but at least I am not worried about every BM or twinge I feel. As of tonight I know without a doubt that surgery is not the right approach for me. Currently weighing in at 250 ish I would be thrilled to reach 225. Deb
(deactivated member)
on 10/22/12 7:47 pm - Canada
Glad you are comfortable with your decision. It's a tough one to make, that's for sure.

I was seriously considering surgery a year ago. In reading the forums (particularly the Ontario one that is super active), I saw all of their challenges and realized it wasn't the magic solution...it is a great tool though for many folks. I would still need to track food intake, exercise and maybe never have sugar again.

Baby steps, Deb. You will reach your goal of 225.

Tammy
DebColCam
on 10/23/12 1:43 am - Canada
Magic NO! Work YES! Easy either way NO! Doable YES! I know I feel healthier today than I did when I was 299 at my heaviest. And I think even just another 10% weight reduction could make all the difference. Going to keep working at it one day at a time.
gardeninggal
on 10/23/12 1:07 pm - Midland, Canada
 Hey Deb!

Happy to see your post again as always!  You are an inspiration in so many ways and I give you full and big hugs. I am so happy to have made your acquaintance on this forum. We are all on the mission to be the best and most healthy person we can be.  The mission and perspective changes up and the one lesson I reflect on the most is to be healthy.  The numbers, on the scale or clothing, do not always add up to healthy.  The very fact that you are aware and conscious of your best health is the greatest motivator. You have done so well and wish you well on your best healthy body and soul.  Your hubby and children learn from their role model and that is you.  We females seem to be the best teachers and you are it.  Keep up the great work.   Nancy 

brock2006
on 10/24/12 1:14 am
Keep up the good fight!
DebColCam
on 10/24/12 4:21 am - Canada
Ty Brock and welcome to the forum !
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello
sele444 · 0 replies · 344 views
Here's how to lose 5 Pounds a Day!
Siam · 0 replies · 469 views