Kicking the carbs.

DebColCam
on 11/9/12 12:57 pm - Canada
Hi all I know that my hubby and I need to get away from sugary snacks and high carbs. We are both addicted to sweets but hubby is actually underweight. It really hard for us we both have this need for sugary dessert everynight. Neither of us seem to be able to kick. Do you have any suggestions ideas or recipes that may be helpful? Really having trouble with this!
(deactivated member)
on 11/9/12 10:12 pm - Canada

One of our dietitians shared this recipe that we made one evening at our WMC class. We made sugar-free fat-free white chocolate jello pudding and layered it with a flavoured yogurt  with a sliced strawberry on top. These were put in 4oz dixie cup (since there was such a large group of us to share) but it ended up being the perfect portion...got the taste of dessert and sweet satisfaction of it being a reasonable dessert choice.

Increasing your protein and having whole grain choices also helps reduce the craving for the "bad" carbs. That was one of the reasons I had such a hard time with the Halloween candy in the house. The refined sugar and high-fructose corn syrup really are a downward spiral.

This article is very informative. http://www.ctvnews.ca/avoid-these-7-scary-food-ingredients-a uthor-advises-1.803303. My husband and I have found when we do have these foods, cravings are hard to handle...even if just a little slip.

Also, we find a nice cup of tea or flavoured decaf coffee after supper is a good substitute for dessert...it brews while we clean the kitchen/do dishes then we can sit and enjoy. 

I hope this helps. Also, I am curious to hear what Supergirl suggests. I'm sure she has some excellent suggestions.

Tammy

Supergirl7877
on 11/10/12 11:06 pm

What is it you like? My kids think they are getting a huge treat when I make muffins that are primarily zuchinni, carrots, pumpkin and applesauce.....they are a treat because they have chocolate chips in them.

what are your favorite snacks?

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello
sele444 · 0 replies · 344 views
Here's how to lose 5 Pounds a Day!
Siam · 0 replies · 469 views
Hi all
Traleen · 1 replies · 677 views
Plant Based
ebonymc2 · 1 replies · 892 views