My visit to the doctor

Donnamarie
on 9/22/05 11:15 am - NY
Hello to all I said that I would post after my visit to my doctor, which was in fact cancelled and rescheduled from Tuesday to today!!! I have been weighing at home, but I always considered the doctors scale to be my true measure. As of today, 11 weeks from the start of my program, I have lost 52 lbs. I talked to him about my inability to eat that much anymore and he said that as long as what I was eating was good, and as long as I didn't feel the effects of less eating, then it was all okay. He said if I were starving myself on purpose then he would have an issue. He also said that my body would know if it was starving and that it would rebel. I told him I felt great, hadn't felt better in ages. He was pleased with my vitamin intake and didn't seem overly concerned with my caloric intake, as long as I was keeping my body fueled with good food. I will continue on as I have been doing, careful not to skip meals and to continue to eat those foods that are bulkier and more full of protein. I hope everyone had a wonderful day. Donna
Maren McGregor
on 9/22/05 12:30 pm - Southwest, WA
VSG on 10/17/07 with
Hi Donna, First of all, CONGRATULATIONS! on your weight loss. Great job! Also, I was glad to hear what your doctor had to say about the low calories and lack of appetite. It is good to know you are staying healthy while losing weight. I also found the information helpful as I sometime**** periods of no appetite and very low caloric intake. I have always felt fine during those times but it is nice to hear a doctor's take on it. Again, congratulations on the weight loss. You are an inspiration. Blessings, Maren
Kasey
on 9/23/05 1:17 pm - Baltimore, MD
Good work, Donna! That's a very impressive weight loss. It took me much longer to lose 52 pounds. Are you exercising? That's a key part of my healthy way of living. Best of luck. Kasey 365/215/195 (nonop)
Donnamarie
on 9/23/05 10:04 pm - NY
Hi Kasey Thank you for your kind words. I am happy and thankful that I am able to lose this weight now. I still wonder how and why now, instead of a thousand times in the past. This time I am just enjoying being in control of myself, and allowing my body to speak to me. It's interesting how I can read the signals so much better then when I was super obese. I have gone from a BMI of 52 to 44. When I reach my mini goal of 250 I will merely be obese. As far as exercise, I had bilateral knee surgery in March and April. The recovery has been brutally slow for me. I am only now really beginning to see some relief from the every day pain, due to the weight loss I've achieved. I can walk a little ways, perhaps 1/2 a mile, before my knees become so achy and I pay for it for days. I belong to a gym, have for over 3 years, and have had many days of happy exercise. I do enjoy exercise but right now I cannot see myself doing the same program that I did pre-surgery. I absolutely adore the elliptical machine and I did the circuit 4 days a week. I have gone back and done swimming but not as regularly as I would have liked. I do my own little "workout" at night which consists of various exercises with 3 lb dumbbells as well as 65 stomach crunches a night. I started at 50, moved to 55, etc. I will add more walking into my program as soon as I am more able to tolerate extended periods of use. Just this morning I woke up and my right knee was horribly achy. Getting up out of bed to just walk to the bathroom was an issue. Once I begin using it the pain pretty much dissipates, but for right now that is my plight. Congratulations on your loss and especially your plastics!!! I am looking at the loss of breasts and a disgusting amount of loose skin on my arms. My stomach hardly bothers me after looking at both of those things!!!! I can't imagine how much worse I am going to be when I lose another 91 lbs. 200 is my goal, 160 is the doctors goal. I smile kindly at him when he suggests I might get there. Donna
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello
sele444 · 0 replies · 338 views
Here's how to lose 5 Pounds a Day!
Siam · 0 replies · 467 views
Hi all
Traleen · 1 replies · 675 views
Plant Based
ebonymc2 · 1 replies · 888 views