I'm buying a mirror

Donnamarie
on 10/10/05 4:49 am - NY
Hello out there I realized today as I was walking through the mall and past the mirrored wall that I didn't look half bad. I didn't look like I was giving birth in a week and I didn't waddle. I then realized that I don't even own a mirror. The only mirror in my house is in the bathroom. That of course is by design. I used to have a mirror that attached to my bureau but I removed it and threw it away. I could not look at myself. I would close my eyes and walk past the mirror. The thought of that makes me cry now it really does. I want to remember that I was ALWAYS a beautiful person, regardless of the package that I came in at the time. It hurts me that I treated myself like that, that I wasn't worthy to look at. I will buy a full length mirror and attach it to the back of my bedroom door. I'm even contemplating a mirror when I walk out my bedroom Just kidding, I'm not that vain. What really boggles my mind is I am not even CLOSE to goal yet, much less halfway through my journey. I've got another 80+ to go before I even hit my first goal of 200 lbs. Okay, 81 to get to 199. I want everyone out there to claim their beauty, whatever the package they are currently in. If we can't love ourselves unconditionally, who can? I hope everyone has a fantastic day. Donna
Kasey
on 10/10/05 12:18 pm - Baltimore, MD
Donna, I know what you're talking about. I almost didn't buy my house because there are floor-to-ceiling mirrors on either side of the fireplace. Best of luck. Kasey 365/215/195 (nonop)
Jessica D.
on 10/10/05 12:22 pm - Edmonds, WA
Donna, I think buying a mirror is a fantastic idea! You're ready! You're beautiful and for the first time, you're accepting yourself---as we accept you! Yippee!! I'm getting there, you know. I'm a LONG way from goal--still have 85 or so pounds to go, too!! But I'm looking into the mirror and seeing a woman who is working her butt off to be my best. I'm feeling better in my clothes, and I'm fighting my demons; with every fiber of my being!! That addict in me; she's not running my life anymore. She's trying; some things will never change----but every day is a new day for me to gain stregnth and block that addict at every turn!!! You're obviously kickin' the hell out of your addict too. We'll never get ****y; that addict is interwoven in who we are. But, we're learning to be one or two steps ahead of her (addict). That's pretty damn awesome!! Jessica
kitties4
on 10/11/05 1:51 am - Cleveland, OH
I can relate. Right now, I am around 294 pounds, and five foot, 1/2 inch tall. I should weigh under 120. I have worked on my thinking alot, and I often look at myself in mirrors now. And the weird thing is I am finding my image more acceptable now than I ever did. I am working on accepting myself in the mirror in the nude now. That is a hard one, with my hanging abdomen. Good luck to you! Denise Phares
c&j's Maw-Maw
on 10/11/05 7:51 am - Pulaski, TN
Donna - I think this will be one of the most important and significant shopping trips of your life! YOU GO GIRL! GO GET THAT MIRROR! I am proud of you! Kandy
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello
sele444 · 0 replies · 345 views
Here's how to lose 5 Pounds a Day!
Siam · 0 replies · 471 views
Hi all
Traleen · 1 replies · 679 views
Plant Based
ebonymc2 · 1 replies · 893 views