Colonoscopy

kitties4
on 11/11/05 7:21 am - Cleveland, OH
Every year I have a physical, whi*****ludes PAP smear, fasting blood sugar, electrocardiogram, mammogram, stool sample, urine sample, and blood work. This year, everything came out normal except for one thing. Apparently, I am very anemic. Since my doctor suspects internal bleeding, I am to have a colonoscopy on November 21. This means the day before, I have to take a strong laxative, along with lots of fluids (mostly water), and finally, two enemas at the end of the day. The next day, I have to be driven to Parma Community Hospital for the colonoscopy. Last time I had one five years ago, I felt pain three times during the procedure, even though they told me I wouldn't even remember it, and I was sedated. I will tell them of this experience, and hopefully, I will get a stronger sedative this time. Wish me luck! If this shows no bleeding, then I will be scheduled for an endoscopy, where they put a tube down into your stomach. Fortunately, I didn't remember the procedure five years ago. They found nothing in my colon five years ago, but they found bleeding from gastritis in my stomach. Denise Phares
Jessica D.
on 11/11/05 8:59 am - Edmonds, WA
Denise, Sending you calming thoughts, and and uneventful colonoscopy. You are right to let them know about the unfavorable last colonoscopy where the anethesiologist wasn't exactly doing his best work!! You should remember NOTHING!!! No matter what, you need to know what's going on inside that belly of yours, so let's look at this as a good thing: you'll get an all clear on your stomach/colon, and you'll be one step closer to your goal... Wishing you well, Jessica
c&j's Maw-Maw
on 11/11/05 10:50 am - Pulaski, TN
I wish you painless procedures............great results.............and great health! God bless you! Kandy
Maren McGregor
on 11/11/05 11:28 am - Southwest, WA
VSG on 10/17/07 with
Denise, I will keep you in my thoughts. I sincerely wish you a totally forgotten experience and a clean bill of health! Blessings, Maren
Donnamarie
on 11/11/05 10:07 pm - NY
Denise I will send prayers your way hoping for a painless and eventless procedure. Donna
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello
sele444 · 0 replies · 342 views
Here's how to lose 5 Pounds a Day!
Siam · 0 replies · 468 views
Hi all
Traleen · 1 replies · 677 views
Plant Based
ebonymc2 · 1 replies · 890 views