Morning Non-Ops !!!

Phyll H
on 11/20/05 7:58 pm - Dayton, OH
VSG on 08/04/08 with
Happy Monday !!! This will be a big week for us !!! Thanksgiving Any tips or plans on how to stay on top on our healthy eating regimens ? Don't forget to drink at least 64 ozs of water today Phyllis................
kitties4
on 11/21/05 1:35 am - Cleveland, OH
Whatever you decide to eat, take one helping only of everything. No second helpings, please!! Denise Phares
Melinda M.
on 11/21/05 1:46 am - Katy, TX
Good morning, as well! I am looking forward to this short work week and no school for my daughter. My tips for Thanksgiving would be to enjoy the day, allow yourself to taste what you want and try to make more healthful choices. Definitely get in as much water as possible and if possible, enjoy a nice walk after dinner. After all, Thanksgiving is just one day, if you "mess" up, get back on track the following day. I have found, personally, if I allow myself to graze on tukey-day and put no restrictions on my eating, I don't overdo it as much. I guess that takes the fun out of it for me or something like that. Also, I am trying to really stop my eating when I am actually full and not feeling guilty about leaving food on my plate. I hope this helps and everyone have a great holiday! Melinda
Donnamarie
on 11/21/05 9:20 am - NY
Hi there Phyllis Ahhhhhhhhh Thanksgiving. My favorites around this time used to be stuffing and the green bean casserole. I guess I am happy that I am at a very good place in my weight loss journey, because the only thing I am looking forward to is the sugar free pumpkin pudding I am going to be making!!! I am unable to eat too much at one meal anymore, so I am not fearing this holiday. I am going to have some turkey, obviously, but the rest is not tempting. I think we should all remember our vitamins as well!!!! Have a beautiful day everyone. Donna
Phyll H
on 11/21/05 8:19 pm - Dayton, OH
VSG on 08/04/08 with
Thanks Donna............. so true And thanks Ladies for your replies above Happy Tuesday everyone !!!! Phyllis................
Jessica D.
on 11/22/05 12:21 pm - Edmonds, WA
When I went to my doctor for a reglar physical last week, she told me that the most important thing we can do---those of us trying to lose weight---is don't gain weight during the holidays. We're going to eat more than we normally do. So, go and enjoy Thanksgiving. Pay attention to your appitite, and do your best to stop when you feel full. Then the days in between Thanksgiving and Christmas are many...we can get to the gym and do major damage control!!!! We can manage this time of year by remembering that, just because we indulge in lots of yummy, off-limits foods on Thanksgiving and Christmas, doesn't mean that every day in between has to be an overeating festival!! We just won't let that happen!!! Let's love and enjoy our families, eat good food, and celebrate all the good that has come into our lives. I joined in a 6 week exercise challenge that began November 20th on the Adkins website. Basically, I pledged to myself, and the other people, to exercise, 5 days a week, for 90 minutes each time. No matter what else is going on, I will make my exercise a priority!! What about all of you?? Do you need an exercise challenge to keep you on track!!! We could do that!!! All of you enjoy your holidays, and take good care of yourselves. Jessica
Phyll H
on 11/22/05 8:51 pm - Dayton, OH
VSG on 08/04/08 with
Thankyou Jessica !!!! Great advice !!!!!!!!! I accept the exercise challenge !!!!!!!!! I pledge to continue my exercise regimin through-out the holiday season -- at least 60-90 mins a day 6 days a week. Let's stay on course non-ops Have a great Thanksgiving !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Phyllis
Jessica D.
on 11/23/05 4:29 am - Edmonds, WA
Yaaa!!!! Thank you for joining in on my exercise challenge!!! It'll be six weeks; it'll get us completely through the holidays and hopefully, keep us from gaining while we enjoy family, food, and fun!!! Let's do it, girl!!! Jessica
Lynette
on 11/23/05 1:11 pm - Cookeville, TN
Hi, I am planning on using most of my food for the day for my Thanksgiving feast. I will have very little breakfast or dinner. I will be eating turkey, green beans, squash casserole(squash, lowfat cheese, 2 pieces of crushed melba toast), fruit sprinkled with sugar free jello, and for dessert - LA Light Bar. I just have 5 more pounds until my goal weight! Lynette
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello
sele444 · 0 replies · 342 views
Here's how to lose 5 Pounds a Day!
Siam · 0 replies · 468 views
Hi all
Traleen · 1 replies · 677 views
Plant Based
ebonymc2 · 1 replies · 891 views