Anyone wanna join the exercise challenge?!

Jessica D.
on 11/23/05 4:36 am - Edmonds, WA
Hey y'all!! With the holidays comin' round, we need to keep ourselves on track. It's really tough to keep the food thing completely under control, but we can pledge to ourselves and each other , to at the very least, get in our exercise!!! I'll be the first to sign up!!! I pledge to continue my current exercise regimine throughout the next 6 weeks: 90 minutes of cardio, 5 days a week. I normally ride the bike for 45 minutes, then walk the treadmill for 45 minutes; or use the elliptical for 45 minutes, then ride the bike for 45---no matter what you decide to do, make it manageable, and something you can stick to. Let's all take care of ourselves and each other this holiday season!!! Any takers?? I did hear from one brave soul who's joining me in the 6 week holiday challenge.... We can do it...together!! Jessica
Phyll H
on 11/23/05 5:31 am - Dayton, OH
VSG on 08/04/08 with
That would be me I do not have a choice Phyllis :
Jessica D.
on 11/23/05 11:26 am - Edmonds, WA
Oh, but you do have a choice, Phyllis! And you CHOOSE to exercise and take care of yourself!!! Check in daily after you exercise and let us know what you've done, so we can all motivate each other!!! Have a great Thanksgiving! Jessica
Kasey
on 11/23/05 7:37 am - Baltimore, MD
Jessica, I pledge to continue my routine of one hour to two hours of exercise most days. On Thanksgiving morning, if I can drag myself out of bed in time, I will attend my gym's annual Work Out Before You Pig Out two-hour group aerobics class. Best of luck. Kasey 365/210/195 (nonop)
Jessica D.
on 11/23/05 11:32 am - Edmonds, WA
That's a great idea, Kasey! I wish my club would offer Thanksgiving workout morning!! My club closed today at 3pm!! I got there at 7pm, as I do every weeknight, and they were closed!!! I was so mad!! I was so looking forward to getting in a good workout before tomorrow's feast!!! Phooey on those gym people!!! Don't forget to post your workouts daily! We'll start a thread called "6 week exercise challenge" and post there, okay! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving, Jessica
Donnamarie
on 11/23/05 10:17 am - NY
Hi Jessica, I committ to my current exercise program of three times a week cardio and weight training and I will up the ante and add the other two days of cardio only. I have been aiming to do that, but just haven't gotten around to it. You have inspired me to do so!!! I am not scared of this holiday season, for the very first time. I am making a sugar free/fat free pumpkin pudding tomorrow for dessert at my brothers house. I even bought a beautiful glass trifle bowl to put it in. I'm excited to make it!!! Happy Thanksgiving to all. Donna
Jessica D.
on 11/23/05 11:23 am - Edmonds, WA
Excellent, Donna!!! We'll check in daily, and post what excercise we do that day. I don't expect anyone to check in on Thanksgiving day, but we'll post daily when we do exercise, so hopefully we can motivate EVERYONE to work their muscles!!! Let's do it!!! Jessica
Lynette
on 11/23/05 1:06 pm - Cookeville, TN
Hi Jessica, I will join your challenge! The Y here has built on and all the exercise equipment is new. It is really a lot of fun to go work out. And the food can be controlled with just a little planning. There are all kinds of delicious foods that can be made with just a little thought and planning. Some of my special, healthy recipes are liked by other people better than the fattening ones. Have a Happy Thanksgiving! Lynette
Jessica D.
on 11/28/05 9:06 pm - Edmonds, WA
Hi Lynette! Hope you survived the Thanksgiving feast with minimal triptophan hangover! You definitely had a plan, so I'm sure you did just fine! Are you still going to join us for the exercise challenge? Have you just been too busy to post?? Just checking up on all my non-op buddies to make sure you're doing well, and exercising the holiday season pounds away!!! You're just five pounds from goal: INCREDIBLE!!! One day, I'll be able to say that! Take care, Jessica
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello
sele444 · 0 replies · 342 views
Here's how to lose 5 Pounds a Day!
Siam · 0 replies · 469 views
Hi all
Traleen · 1 replies · 677 views
Plant Based
ebonymc2 · 1 replies · 891 views