Today's Exercise Challenge-Mon.

Phyll H
on 11/27/05 9:09 pm - Dayton, OH
VSG on 08/04/08 with
AM: 20 min power walk PM: Total Body (aerobic) workout with personal trainer- 1 hour 15 mins. Phyllis
Donnamarie
on 11/28/05 8:56 am - NY
Hi there Phyllis 20 minutes on the elliptical, up from 16 minutes. I'll do the entire 32 minutes soon, I know it!!! (according to the readout went 1.6 miles and burned 269 calories) 20 minutes on the circuit (according to self.com I burned 192 calories there) You rock Phyllis, keep us all on goal here! Donna
Jessica D.
on 11/28/05 12:47 pm - Edmonds, WA
Congratulations Donna. You're up to 20 minutes on the elliptical: I know how hard that is!! You're doing so well. One day at a time, Jessica
Kasey
on 11/28/05 9:53 am - Baltimore, MD
Raking and bagging leaves, 90 minutes. Best of luck. Kasey 365/210/195 (nonop)
Jessica D.
on 11/28/05 12:43 pm - Edmonds, WA
I'm back!!! I've not been able to exercise in what feels like forever!! I got in 60 minutes on the elliptical, and 35 minutes on the bike. It felt great!!! Let's keep doing it folks! It's wonderful to have others working hard to do the right thing!!! I'm proud of everyone who's in the 6 week challenge, and all of you who want to be. One day at a time, friends. Jessica
Jessica D.
on 11/30/05 7:41 am - Edmonds, WA
Okay, girlfriend--let's talk. Take a deep breath and let's start right here, right now. You fell off the wagon---that's a lot different than you left the wagon and you ain't goin' back!! The holidays are a tough time for so many of us, but let's put it in perspective, Joyce. You did not lose 9 pounds in one week. You have a bunch of food and water in your body, but there is no way you literally gained 9 pounds, so let's just forgive yourself and begin again. You're back in town now, right? So let's begin with today. Not tomorrow, honey--today. Even if you can't go exercise tonight, it's time to start planning your defense against the food addict that takes over when you're not looking! We have to look at what you're doing right. First, you got in two days of exercise. You didn't want to, but you did it. EXCELLENT! Sometimes, we just don't feel like it, but --we get our butts out and do whatever we need to do; and in the end, it's what you DO that matters, not how motivated you were to do it. You're down two pounds. Let me remind you of a little known fact; unless you burned 7000 calories in the past two days---you did not lose two pounds. You dumped some water; your body's getting back into the swing of things, your bowel is being emptied of the larger amounts of food, and your scale is playing games with you. Trust me. From 6am to 9pm, your scale can flunctuate up to 8 pounds: water, food, muscle mass--whatever. So when we get on the scale, it goes all over the place. Sometimes we like what we see; sometimes--not so much. Again, trust me, it will all even out. I want you to make a plan. Keep it simple, so you can follow it. Something like, come online here and tell us daily what kind of exerecise you did; or what happened that kept you from exerecising; do the same thing with your food plan. Let's hold you accountable; to yourself first, then to those of us who are here to support you. The last thing I want to ask you to do, and I know it's asking a lot--step away from the evil scale. Back away slowly, and don't go near it again for at least one full week. Give your body some time to stabalize, and give you are more accurate account of what weight you've lost--or gained---but let's stop the daily weigh ins: they will not motivate you. As you can see, daily--or multiple daily weigh ins will only serve to sabotage your efforts. So if you can commit to weighing in once a week; or bi-weekly, better yet, we will be able to see the REAL changes that your body is making. Joyce, you are not alone. Utilize this site to get the support you need. Get up, brush yourself off, and hop back onto the wagon and go full steam ahead. We all have some detours, and plop flat on our backs sometimes. What matters is what you do next. Okay, my friend. What are you going to do now? Jessica
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello
sele444 · 0 replies · 342 views
Here's how to lose 5 Pounds a Day!
Siam · 0 replies · 468 views
Hi all
Traleen · 1 replies · 677 views
Plant Based
ebonymc2 · 1 replies · 891 views