Results of colonoscopy

kitties4
on 12/1/05 2:03 am - Cleveland, OH
I got the results of my very painful colonoscopy. They found some polyps, and said they were non-cancerous, but were the type to turn cancerous, so I should repeat the colonoscopy in two years. Next time, I will get either a full general anesthetic, or at least a partial anesthetic. I'll be darned if I want to go through that awful pain again. They gave me demerol this time, and it didn't do the job. I have really twisty intestines, and the doctor said they will get more twisty with time. Wonderful. I scheduled an endoscopy (tube into my stomach) for Dec. 19. The last time I had one five years ago, it was a breeze! I don't even remember them doing it, I was so well sedated. Of course, I don't have a twisty esophagus, so that's probably why. There was no bleeding in my colon, so they'll look for it in my stomach. Five years ago, it was in my stomach, too. I had gastritis. I suspect that if there is bleeding, it will be found there. I have frequent nausea attacks before breakfast in the morning, and I often have a sicky sweet taste in my mouth for no reason. I just hope I don't have an ulcer. Oh well. Wish me luck! Denise Phares
Jessica D.
on 12/1/05 3:05 am - Edmonds, WA
Wishing you a very uneventful endoscopy, and excellent anesthesia when you have it!!!! How awful that they just don't get it; that you need the real deal: total anesthesia--when you have your colonoscopy!! Next time, don't give 'em a choice--tell 'em to put you completely out, because you've suffered through enough of those procedures to know that a little giggle gas ain't gonna do the trick!!! Glad that first part of your intestinal exam is over. Take good care of yourself, okay? Jessica
Phyll H
on 12/1/05 11:19 pm - Dayton, OH
VSG on 08/04/08 with
Our prayers and thoughts are with you Denise. Phyllis.
Donnamarie
on 12/2/05 9:15 am - NY
Denise, I'm glad to see everything so far is okay. I'm curious though. Is this all part of a regular physical?? I have to say I'm 40, turning 41 in March, and I have never had an endoscopy or a colonoscopy, nor ever had to be offered one or turned one down. Do you have symptoms that would require these types of procedures??? Don't mean to be nosy but it all seems so involved for a mere physical and you mentioned it's not the first time you have had them. Thanks for answering! Donna
kitties4
on 12/3/05 3:41 am - Cleveland, OH
I do not have any symptoms. When I had my yearly physical this year, the blood work showed I was very anemic, although I feel fine. My doctor wanted me to have a colonoscopy to check for any internal bleeding that might cause this anemia. I have scheduled an endoscopy for December 19, to check for bleeding there. I have no problems with that procedure. Last time I didn't even remember them putting the tube down my throat at all. Five years ago, I had blood in my stool from the stool sample thing I was given as part of my yearly physical then. I had both a colonoscopy and an endoscopy then, too. The colonoscopy showed nothing, but the endoscopy showed I had gastritis in my stomach. I had no painful symptoms, but he gave me a prescription to take for two months, and that was the end of it. This time, I do have some symptoms in my stomach. I have nausea attacks in the morning before breakfast, and off and on I have a sicky sweet taste in my mouth for no reason. My doctor asked about these symptoms when he was questioning me. Does that answer your questions? Denise Phares
Donnamarie
on 12/3/05 4:39 am - NY
Thank you for answering!! Yes it answered my questions. I am not always sure my doctor is lucid when talking to me . He has quite a "unique" bedside manner and while sometimes it is great at other times I find myself wondering if he is in fact missing something. I have never had more than the typical "physical" and even though I go for yearly ob/gyn checkups I just wonder if there is something *I* might be missing. Thank you again, Denise. Donna
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello
sele444 · 0 replies · 342 views
Here's how to lose 5 Pounds a Day!
Siam · 0 replies · 468 views
Hi all
Traleen · 1 replies · 677 views
Plant Based
ebonymc2 · 1 replies · 891 views