Ohip wants more information?

msleo1972
on 3/9/09 1:23 am - Tecumseh, Canada
Well I just called Ohip and they did receive my application and are going to be  faxing my Dr back sometime today to be asking for more information.
I'm curious as to what they need. I'm not sure how my Dr filled out my form so I can just imagine.
I have impaired glucose tolerance, osteoarthritis, gerd etc. My bmi is 43, my father and sister are diabetic, I do not have sleep apnea. What more can they want? The only thing I can think of is that my Dr didn't put everything down. He did not have the report from the sleep clinic yet.
I'm just banging my head and wondering, I think I'm going to call my Dr's office and ask them what they have on there and don't have.
Just venting and wondering.
Thanks Tina

photomom
on 3/9/09 1:25 am - Canada
did he check the death and/or tissue boxes? Those are the most important.

*crossing fingers for you*
Wendy

HW: 264 SW: 243 CW:122 GW:161
msleo1972
on 3/9/09 1:39 am - Tecumseh, Canada
I don't think they'd be asking for more information if those boxes were an issue. From what I've been reading I think they would've denied me or redirected me to toronto/hamilton or something but I'm not sure. I just called the office and she said they did not receive any fax from ohip just yet and I told her to call the sleep clinic that I went to, to get the report because I already got the outcome of it via phone conversation a few weeks ago.
I think I'm going to call them back once again and ask her about those boxes. lol
thanks Tina
photomom
on 3/9/09 1:40 am - Canada
ok! hmm i wonder what info they need. *more finger crossing*
Wendy

HW: 264 SW: 243 CW:122 GW:161
sara S.
on 3/9/09 6:14 am - kingsville, Canada
hey lady!
wondering since i am just down the road from you.. where are you planning on getting your surgery done??

My Angel is..........Laurie R!!!

msleo1972
on 3/9/09 7:08 am - Tecumseh, Canada
Hi Sara, I'm planning on going to Henry Ford Hospital. I think it's the Warren Campus I chose. As soon as I get the approval hopefully, I'm going to be asking to be put on cancellation lists. Hopefully that I get it sooner then later. I've been researching and getting all the proper tests done since end of October so it's been a while waiting and getting real anxious to get it done.
Where are you getting yours done, if you haven't had it yet. I haven't read your profile or anything yet. Do you know what type of surgery you want?
Tina
sara S.
on 3/13/09 1:45 pm - kingsville, Canada
hey Tina. I am going to Barix in Yipsilanti.  I have a consult with them on the 18th. I want to have the rny, and hopefully laproscopic.  I really hope it works out that way.  I saw my family doc on Monday(9th) and he is good to go with my occ application. he checked the death and tissue damage boxes, and said he has to get some other papers together,  sounds  like he knows what's up.  he apparently has sent another of his patients there for this procedure, and got them their ohip approval, so fingers crossed!!! what made you chose Henry Ford? and what type of surgery are you hoping for??
thanks neighbour

My Angel is..........Laurie R!!!

merly6800
on 3/9/09 1:42 am - Canada

I'm just back from a week in Cuba and was hoping to find the letter of Approval. 

However, had a message on my voicemail at work asking me to call my Dr's office.  OHIP has asked for my blood work and also the sleep study.  Apparently, OHIP has been writing for more info to my Dr.  Before I went on my trip I faxed my Dr. and said if she had any questions to please contact Dr. Pop so he could help her with OHIP.  I don't know if she's done that.

So here I wait for my results from the Sleep clinic to be expediated.  They said my Dr. should get them this week.

Good luck with yours!  Fingers crossed for ya!

msleo1972
on 3/9/09 1:51 am - Tecumseh, Canada
Good luck with that.
I'm hope you get your approval soon as well.
If they need my sleep clinic results my dr might have that ready by the time they get the fax I hope.
Thanks Tina
Bonnie ABC
on 3/9/09 1:45 am - Smiths Falls, Canada
RNY on 09/16/08 with
Tina,
When my husband sent in his application for approval, the doctor was asked what his weight and bmi was... this was already on the application.   I'm not sure why they asked again, but they did want a confirmation what the doctor had signed upon the first time.   In the back of my mind I wondered if maybe they wanted to confirm it was the doctors signature upon the application.

Bonnie

I can do hard things, life is teaching me that I can.
             Lost 222lbs with rny, 20 lbs regain.

Plastics, July 2010 with Dr. Sauceda in Monterrey, Mexico
Most Active
Recent Topics